RevTips videos in portrait

Hi, today you release the new RevTips videos. I tried but is very hard to see what’s going on the screen in landscape. As Revolut is made for mobile only you should make the videos in portrait mode. When people struggle with something in the app they are already on their phones so is very uncomfortable to whatch the videos the way they are now.

This is a screenshot going landscape mode in youtube:

This is an screenshot showing how should be in a more comfortable way

Regards

4 Likes

Thats only an issue if you open the website within the application - because Revolut does not support rotation. Open it on any normal browser and you can switch to fullscreen.

1 Like

I’m saying is better to make the videos in portrait mode because is more comfortable to view. (I deleted the screenshot of the blog for clarification)

I am not sure if I agreed :slight_smile: portrait videos are generally an abomination :wink:

I’m with you in what you say about a lot of videos in portrait mode are abominations but in this case could be more useful. And much more useful if they are integrated within the app

Maybe a generational thing? My TV is landscape; my desktop is landscape; my laptop is landscape; and my eyesight is landscape; and so please, please, please do follow the crowd.

2 Likes

Check this: https://youtu.be/j2O2gaoov7k

Is not portrait is square format but the idea is the same: better readability and is not necessary to flip your phone to see what’s going on in the screen.

1 Like

No need to worry guys, soon!

What do you mean with soon?

He is making a joke. Revolut often uses the word “Soon” for new features. So the joke is that everything is “soon”

I found this recent tutorial video in portrait. This I think is the way to go. But watch it on full screen on a phone:

Another example: