Revolut's virtual cards and Disposable cards are now Mastercards

I also had a problem with the second virtual card. If I want to add a second virtual card, no fee will appear, but the app will immediately add the card and deduct the fee.

My current disposable card is a Visa. After I use it, will it be regenerated as a Visa or as a Mastercard?

Probably depends on a country. However that happened to me.

Then it will most likely happen to me too. All my card options are now Mastercard only. Luckily I still have one virtual Visa active.

1 Like

If you see Mastercard in ordering step of virtual card then I’m sure your disposable will be Mastercard too after use.

Correct. You get what you see, in the app at the very least.

1 Like

For a Standard UK Account, has anyone successfully deleted their free virtual Visa card and added a free virtual Mastercard in its place?

Yes. Delete it, close the app and re-open, and you can now make a new virtual one without paying ÂŁ5.

1 Like

Even if you still have a physical card active?

Yes, I did exactly that. I still have a physical Visa card and no charge was made for the virtual card.

2 Likes

Are there still any EUR-countries (where GooglePay should work, according to presentation given at RevRally) where one gets a Visa-card when a new virtual card is generated?
In the Netherlands one still gets a virtual Visa. But it is not possible to add it to GooglePay (at least not for in-store payments).

Don’t know where it should work? I was hoping to get Garmin Pay with Revolut on Finland as my bank is not supported but got virtual visa that doesn’t go to Garmin Pay.

What I read that the Mastercards works, but as I don’t get Mastercard then probably bad luck and this doesn’t solve my usage needs.

I have a question about the virtual cards.

I have an app that allows me to send USD directly to a mastercard. Are these virtual mastercards ready to receive such direct transfers or do i always have to top up the app through one of my cards or wire transfer?

Payouts in USD to Revolut cards from US PayPal accounts work so my guess is it should work for you too.