Revolut's virtual cards and Disposable cards are now Mastercards

Newly created virtual cards are no longer Visas. They are Mastercards! And same for disposable cards.

5 Likes

For me (I am from the Netherlands) in the screen where I can choose them it still shows Visa.

1 Like

I’m in the UK, and when I added a virtual card last year, it was Visa. If I now try to add another one, it is indeed MasterCard. If I try to add an additional physical card, it’s still Visa.

3 Likes

Pity it is not for the Netherlands :frowning_face:. Any luck at adding the virtual Mastercard to GooglePay?

That’s fun. It used to be Mastercards when they were introduced. Then switched to Visa. Now back to Mastercard. Bonus: the new Mastercards are „localized“ and work with regional iTunes accounts.

2 Likes

I only ever got M/C once using virtual cards; everything else was VISA.

Now it shows M/C whenever I try to create one.

1 Like

It works my dude! I have added that new virtual card to Google Pay successfully! Tomorrow I’m gonna try it in some store.

5 Likes

It looks to me that it depends on the country you’re located in. I’m located in Norway and does still only get viritual and disposable VISA’s.

I could also get a MasterCard, both physical and virtual, now. A few days ago, these options did not exist. And currently no Visa option anymore.

1 Like

Those new virtual MasterCards wont work with Apple Pay by any chance? Who wants to try it out? :rofl:

1 Like

Tried that too, doesn’t work :frowning:

2 Likes

So I could add to Google Pay even a disposable card. :joy: However it’s been declined in store. I was in rush so I hven’t tried virtual card. Anyone tried?

1 Like

It works! I could pay in store via Google Pay with new MC virtual card.

5 Likes

not working in Greece :frowning:

What is not working? Can you get Mastercard now?

1 Like

No change for the virtual cards in Norway here, still good old VISA :slight_smile:

1 Like

The virtual mastercard works with google pay in Denmark

3 Likes

yeah, Czech Republic too.

Yes
Virtual mastercard works for me with google pay in Denmark

1 Like

Ok Revolut. When Apple Pay? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like