Revolut's Chargeback Process

Hi! I would like to ask about Revolut’s chargeback process because recently I paid a merchant on PayPal with my Revolut card, but the merchant started to ghost me.

I am thinking of charging back the transaction, how long will I need to wait if merchant decides to ignore the chargeback as well? I am pretty sure the merchant is not gonna respond to anything because when I tried emailing them, the email was not even sent, Google sent me an error stating that they deleted that email.

I paid on PayPal from my Revolut card. Amount was a little over 2k Euros. FYI, my account is premium.

2 Likes

If you’re starting a chargeback, you‘re going to anger Paypal and not the merchant. Why not start a claim with Paypal fist? After all, that’s exactly Paypal’s business model.

4 Likes

That’s because it was sent through friends and families. We weren’t aware what the sellers’ intentions were that time… And we fell for the scam…

3 Likes

Sure, but whenever using Paypal, Paypal wants you to use their buyers protection scheme. They have a dedicated option to report this. It’s supposed to replace chargeback. If you’re now starting a chargeback claim, your claim is against Paypal and not the merchant.

3 Likes

Welcome to our community @axlerr :wave: . I am sorry to hear about your experience. :cry:

Kindly check these FAQ links to know about our Chargeback process :arrow_double_down:

Hope this helps. :pray:

SG | Community Team

2 Likes

Our super mods on the ball :heart_eyes::ok_hand:t3:

2 Likes

Initiating a chargeback against PayPal is just asking for trouble. If you got scammed you should go to the police.

2 Likes

The police generally don’t care, this needs to be followed up with PayPal directly, if the outcome isn’t what the customer wants, raise a formal complaint and take it to your regulatory body if you remain unhappy with the complaint outcome.

3 Likes

My account at a business was hacked and someone made orders under my account. Since my Paypal was connected via subscription, the business automatically took money out of my Paypal.
But my Paypal wallet was on €0 and my Revolut card was linked to Paypal.
Paypal took money out of my Revolut and that’s when I found out about it.

I made a chargeback via Revolut first, to get my money back quicker and it was resolved within 1 hour. Paypal found out about it and put me in debt.
Then I opened a case with Paypal. It took me 19 days with Paypal to win the case and get my money back on Paypal.

After all, it was resolved on all parties, but starting with Revolut Chargeback got my money back quicker than working on a case with Paypal.

It’s up to you what steps you decided to take. And if you lose you case with Paypal you can always add an amount of money on your Paypal to get your account out of debt.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us @m1k3nl. Our users will be benefited by this. :star:

SG | Community Team

2 Likes