Revolut tried to help, and then disappeared

So this is cool. I set up an account and ordered a card. To verify my account, it wanted me to top up using a card in my name. I did that. Then when I clicked verify again, I got the same screen: top up using a card in your name. I did that again, and got the same screen. I clicked through the app and found out you have to type in the little code on your bank statement that Revolut gives you when you top-up to prove the card is in fact yours. Of course, the app doesn’t tell you that you need to do this when you top up, but ok. I did that. But I still have the same screen on the verify page. I started chatting with revolut support, saying “I can’t verfiy my card”. A support dude named “pablo” signed in and asked me “have you tried verifying your card?” Yes, Pablo. I have tried verifying my card. That is the problem. He asked if I had a UK card. No, I do not (since I just moved to the UK and it’s nearly impossible to get a bank account when you’ve only been here for a month), and that is why I needed a revolut card. He asked me to send him a picture of my passport or drivers’ license. The revolut app failed to send the pictures. I told “Pablo” the app had failed to send the pictures. Pablo said he would refer me to the appropriate team. That, of course, was three days ago, and I’m still waiting.

But yeah, this kind of banking is totally the future.

Hi there. Thank you for your patience. I’ve escalated this issue to the relevant team which is better suited to help you with your request. Please note a member of the team will contact you via in-app chat shortly.