Revolut scandal in Lithuania, Can they lose the licence?

Belarusians have long been known for their civic pride, such as keeping their streets and public spaces clean, and this goes back a lot longer than Lukashenko has been running the show. You won’t find people in Minsk dropping litter in the way you would in other European capitals.

1 Like

I think we should adopt some Belarusian principles in London.

1 Like

One of the Belarusian principles I like is the trusting and honest society. For example, go into a bar or nightclub in Minsk, and you’ll often see an entire table of people go to the dance floor with the table out of sight, and they’ll leave all their stuff at the table, including women’s handbags. They know for sure that nobody will steal anything. Just like Soviet times.

1 Like

Some countries have been in the position to first-handedly observe the russian way, and I guess there is probably none of those which would want to see them ever again. Considering that the leader is a non-elected exKGB nationalist warmongering dictator who prefers the opposition to be simply killed it’s not a big wonder that the world, generally, prefer to move against Russia.

In fact there is a significant possibility that if :r: starts getting closer to :ru: (eg. moving any servers into Russia which basically mean all the private and transactional data handed over to Putin for whatever purposes and no control) people will flock away from it’s stuff immediately; at least I can assure you that I will, living way too close to them, and having known seen (by my own eyes) way too much about them.

And as for dictatorships’ relation to crime it’s rather a different terminology: when the crime is done officially by the government it’s not a crime, at least within the country, but the way of life. Looking at it from a distance, though, we see that the country is based on crime, and criminals running most of the stuff over there. There is crime, but it’s not done by average pepole, but the leaders and their cronies, and lots of them.

Yeah it doesn’t help trusting :r: if they are getting too close. In fact they’re pretty close already. Still they’re good, but…