Revolut Premium

You will most certainly need a back up card

Great, so if it’s a true debit card it will work in terminals that are offline (such as a plane or parking ticket machine) or on those occasions where online terminals timeout for whatever reason?

@alan
I thought so with the Metal ones, maybe Revolut could offer the platinum card with more weight. Yesterday on work I had a customer with an American Chase Sapphire card. It is a plastic card but the weight is a bit more when you have the card in your hand, which give a premium feeling I think.

The customer told me he have no problems with ATM transactions, maybe Revolut could think about this?
And as well the support for offline terminals would be great(on Planes/Trains), if possible.

Maybe this is requested more, but it would be awesome to offer also a Purchase Insurance. When you buy clothes with the card you have a Mastercard Insurance covering 100 days if something happened to it and the retailer do not want to fix this (in the Netherlands we have this also covered by some prepaid cards)

1 Like

It will also be nice to see (for Premium members),

That the new IBAN feature what Revolut will offer in the next few months, support Bancontact /iDeal/SOFORT transactions.
In Belgium,Germany and Holland we would be able to to make payments at all online stores that not support Mastercard :slight_smile: .

If SEPA transactions (collections) could be supported, it will be possible to use Revolut Premium as full bank account instead of my N26 account I have at the moment.

The optional Maestro/V-pay is a must in the BeNeLux(for £0.5 extra), hope there is animo in the production team.

1 Like

Bancontact is already supported. I top up using my Bancontact card which is then recognized as Maestro

I mean to support this as payment for online purchases, not for top ups for Revolut account.

The weighting is not so simple. As our card is used in many places around the world, some ATMs abroad use weight as a way to determine validity of card.Unlike the American Chase card which is mainly used domestically, we dont want our users not being able to use Revolut because of this. Support for offline terminals is on the road map for premium.

6 Likes

That explains a lot :slight_smile:
Will the “credit” function/support offline terminals be introduced with the new premium cards or will it take longer?

Thanks a lot

Will this be an additional tier (in terms of pricing), with Free > Premium > Platinum?

Could consider having a system with prerequisites.

e.g.
-2 years of continued Revolut Premium status + £75 charge for the card.
-3 years of continued Revolut Premium status + £50 charge for the card.

The card is not practical for use, so even if the price will be reduced by a more year contract so it could be covered.

If the demand is really high maybe Revolut could consider to offer the premium metal card for a extra fee of 5£, it is up to the customer to use this card with the knowledge he could not use it at all ATMs.

For me it will be interesting because I use Curve, which can be used for ATM Transactions without using the Revolut card.

But thisnis something to discuss after the launching of the premium cards I think.

An extra fee of £5 would not be practical, considering the base costs of £200 per metal card.

I think that an extra fee of 5 and a contract of 3/5 years with revolut could cover the card costs.

Otherwise the fee will increase to 20-25 monthly what is not worth I think.

It will become then only worth if Revolut introduce an exclusive account for a very high monthly fee(30-40) with the best offers and services (something like the Amex Gold/Mastercard Black accounts). Do not think that Revolut will do it as this will attract only customers that have a high standard/business.

It may take longer as changing chip configuration may take a while. And we want to ship premium cards to customers asap!

1 Like

Hereby Seconded. THB would be a nice addition for me.

@alan

What is the forecast will the cards start shipped in May, June or later?

It would be great if Premium users could make EUR/GBP credit card top ups at a reduced fee, say 0,5% instead of 1%

Purchase Protection, Amex/Visa(as extra "credit"card), Longer Travel Insurance, Maestro/V Pay debit, Basic Priority Pass, Offline Payments, Card recognized as credit(to support all payments) , Credit for all users, Invest(Wealth), Support Sofort.

I can write a book of ideas that can improve the Premium account, but for now its only wait and see what Revolut will offer.

Its a nice idea to ne honest to make the fees lower

1 Like

I don’t think we can expect Amex/visa with Revolut premium. Revolut works with Mastercard and Visa is their main competitor. Amex is a rather expensive card to offer and its acceptance is not so widespread due to high costs. Also, not every institution can issue Amex - Amex International usually appoints one specific institution per country or even region to emit the card.

On the other hand, lower top up fees with credit cards, better travel insurance package not limited to 20 days only and fraud&purchase protection is something i’d like to see. Free ATM withdrawals up to 600€ would be reasonable to expect as well.

2 Likes

Totally agree with that.

Well it was just a list of suggestions, if Amex or Visa will ever be introduced I think the chance is 0.5% but maybe Revolut has other plans.

It was more a list of possible ideas what could make Revolut a good bank but also a good Creditcard product even it is debit.
Further there us a lot to add in the Premium product and I am really excited to see what Revolut has in plans for the next 6-12months for the Premium product.
If this Premium Card could have a Fraud&Purchase protection, card support offline terminals (in planes and trains) and the cards will be recognized as Credit (or support all places where a credit will be accepted) I will cancel my current cards immediately

1 Like

I just realized today that Transferwise charges only 0.4% for credit card top ups, which tells me Revolut is actually making some profit charging 1% for the same thing :wink:

1 Like