Revolut Premium

Premium features should make us stop paying/using our actual debit card, and 4 that to happen we must be abble to use @ least visa cards as many places don’t accept mastercard.

NFC and QR payments would be the cherry on top of the cake :sunglasses:

Creating an api like paypal express checkout would grant extra will to pay a little more for the premium revolut card. :wink:

Congrats Revolut team 4 this great app :clap::clap:

Cheers

3 Likes

I think it would be a great idea if you could choose from multiple Premium Features with micropayment instead of one premium tariff.

For example:
– personal IBAN number for 5€/Year

– Debit Smartcard :credit_card: (one card with Maestro AND Mastercard application for better acceptance; http://emv.maxontour.com/2015/07/01/fidor-smartcard-2015/) for 10€ card+first year and 5€ afterwards

– Mastercard World/VISA Direct-Card for 50€/Year
------> Boingo Wifi Global :signal_strength: (for example 1 mobile device included)
------> transportation insurance :ambulance: (like amex germany: http://www.amex-services.de/versicherungsbedingungen/American_Express_Card_Informationen.pdf)
-----> Purchase protection :lock:
-----> MotionCode CVC
-----> Android/Apple Pay support :iphone:
-----> metal or transparent card :heart:

:moneybag: Cash Pack: 5 cash withdrawals :atm: without an anmount limit for 5€ (valid for one year or more)

– second virtual card slot :card_box: for 5€

8 Likes

You can’t have one card with Maestro and mastercard application. Meastro is Mastercard’s brand. So the card can either be a Maestro card or a pure Mastercard card, but not both at the same time.

It is possible:
How you use it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9z1Yd2gGuo
The Card: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipW3aznlSB8

3 Likes

Wow did not know this exists :slight_smile: Seems very practical, cool!

1 Like

For up to £50 a year, I would expect something along the lines of the following:

• up to 3 additional base currencies (e.g. CHF, SGD, CUC)
  • unlimited number of virtual cards generated for specific transactions in addition to a physical card
  • personal IBAN
  • double monthly limit for ATM withdrawals and cross-currency transactions
  • cashbacks (or bonus points plan) with airlines, insurance companies, hotels, duty-free shops
  • waiver of the weekend markup on exchange rates
  • EEA annual travel insurance (or international insurance for a higher fee)
  • discounted/free lounge access

Obviously, the fee can be flexed in line with the benefits package provided (e.g. £20 for basic premium features, £35 - for advanced, and £50 - all inclusive package) so that everyone could choose to his/her liking.

1 Like

Hi RTG - best bet for this is either a USD current account with debit card with Lloyds International (if you earn enough) or, next time you’re in the US, open a checking account with Capital One (you need passport, driving licence and utility bill, but they will open you an account as a non resident, and to use online services register with SSN of 9 9s).

Revolut providing an IBAN would basically mean they’re providing a bank account at which point they will need a banking license, and will need to charge much more than they do now…

1 Like

It would be nice if someone from the revolut team could join the conversation.

Yes, this would be great.

Travel insurance (ex Amex platinium)

1 Like

for a revolut premium,

• hability to have real multicurrency account with exchange possibilities and topup
  • choose of the cards (visa/masercard ; normal or premium; debit/credit)
  • web interface
  • better withdrawals and exchange limits
  • IBAN

that would be great

1 Like

A proper debit card with fraud protection.

2 Likes

Hi Ricky, what would you expect from Fraud protection? How much would you be willing to pay for such service?

What travel insurance would you expect to see?

Thanks for all the ideas everyone!

1 Like

My biggest gripe is the lack of a proper IBAN and the obligation to top up the account from another account in your name. This kind of defeats the purpose of using Revolut’s great exchange rates and easy access. For example, I travel all over the world, my brother or friend in the US wants to send me money in USD, which then I can convert on the fly to whatever country/currency I am in. Or I did some online freelance work in GBP, and need to get paid to my GBP wallet, and then convert to EUR.
Also, limits on ATM withdrawals.
Yes, this would be more like like a proper bank account with a personal IBAN, something that online outfits like N26 are already doing with great success.

This is a service I would be willing to pay for.

2 Likes

Insurance if I book my flight with Revolut or if my luggages are lost for instance some car renting insurance (amex platinium provides the full cover which is very useful).

Envoyé de mon iPhone

2 Likes

That would always mean cross-subsidization. I would prefer transparent fees for services I use and need.

airport lounge access (such as priority pass as mentioned lots of times here)
and dedicated 24/7 customer support for premium customers

2 Likes

Some general feedback and comments …

1. Change name to something hip and pronounceable. I think you’re losing business because of the odd name. Even when I highly recommend Revolut, people step back because it sounds dicey.

2. Offer some way to inbound USD without any fee.

3. Offer Revolut Bank matching N26. Yes, international banking may be a step too far for Revolut. It would mean new management and tons regulatory and compliance issues. Best to partner with a bank. As of now, N26 appears to be groping for a viable business model. They keep increasing rates, charging for formerly free services, are unable to scale up to the demand, slow to open to new countries. Revolut has some advantages in already being international, having an existing and enthusiastic base to leverage. There’s a huge customer demand for the N26 banking model but can they make it both compelling and sustainable?

4. I don’t see that many of the previously posted suggestions are viable for Revolut. People want credit card and banking features. That’s a big step. Higher limits are always a good thing and can generate additional revenue which is why they should be part of the basic service.

5. Tech suggestions are viable and add value; NFC, QR, online numbers, joint accounts.

6. Focus on ways to increase transparency. Show more details in historical transactions. Remove remaining friction. Before I top up or exchange, show me MasterCard, Visa, XE, google rates as well as loser rates (Transferwise, Western Union, etc). Show the calculations for a given amount. This would be a great viral tool. My friends don’t understand how much additional they’re paying for retail or bank exchanges. Give me the tools to help me make an informed decision. Allow me to see a history of how much I’m saving using Revolut so I can brag to others.

7. Offer an API, at least for accessing rates and history.

8. People ask “How safe is it, really.” Give me a story to tell about fraud protections. How am I protected if Revolut gets hacked? Or if my account gets hacked?
4 Likes