Revolut, Open Banking and Money Dashboard

Good to know that I can link accounts in Ireland now.

Is there any reason they only allow 4 traditional Irish banks (none of which I use for good reasons) rather than letting us link all already available banks from other countries? I don’t think the open banking APIs are different in each country. So once a bank has been added for one country, it should also be possible to link it in another country.

APIs for PSD2 XS2A (access to account) are vastly different. There’s no international standard at all (PSD2 defines what should be available, not how). The UK introduced a national quasi standard (called the Open Banking Initiative, but it’s not mandatory for all banks but the largest ones to use this specific standard), and other countries have national standards like the Berlin Group for Germany. That’s where account aggregators come into play. They fetch the data via divers APIs from banks, unify it and provide them to Revolut. Revolut relies on Truelayer. And what Revolut can do depends on Truelayers list of supported banks.

Thanks for the explanation, Frank.
I don’t understand why they chose a provider that only supports a handful of banks while I think I’ve seen services which support hundred or thousands of banks. If Revolut want to become the financial super app with “all your accounts in one place” they need to cover many more banks and services.

It would be great to be able to link my Amex card, even if it was just to include it in the analytics. That would put all my accounts in one view.

Also the analytics for linked accounts would be much more useful if we could recategorise transactions from linked accounts - currently it sees pretty much everything from my linked accounts as transfer or general and I can’t change them.

Thanks.

Was really excited to hear Open Banking and linked accounts are now available in Ireland but the Business app only supports two banks (PTSB and Ulster Bank) while the Personal app supports these plus AIB and BOI. Our business current account is with AIB and we have it linked in the Revolut Personal app. Why has it been omitted form the Business app?

I’m a HUGE fan of this feature - especially as one who lives between several countries and have bank accounts in multiple locations…

However - as I currently mainly live in Germany, there seems to be no option to link my UK account (even though this feature is open to UK customers)… is there some legal reason for this or simply that the feature is not activated on the German App Store yet?

Finally - when can we expect linked accounts to come to Germany!?! :grin: