Revolut on Oneplus phones

Everything works fine with my OnePlus 6t. I suppose someone would get in touch with me if my phone would not be supported by a certain kind of apps.
Oxygen & Android are both 9.xx.

So I think at one point misinformation came into play here.

Huawei will get trouble, but as stated before, they all come from China. Even Apple & Samsung buy there. Else a S10 would likely be 1500€ and the iPhone maybe 2500€?! :joy:

I was thinking of installing an inofficial LineageOS on my Nexus 5X for a longer time - until I found out the mandatory app for my creditcard (main card, not revolut) can’t run when there’s an unlocked bootloader, root, or non-certified OS (the cc-app specifically checks for stockroms); the banking-app only checks for bootloader and root, and in my thread asking here for the revolut-app on customROM - some had luck with magisk, some without anything, very inconsistent.

And as there’s no other way than the app to control ones revolut-account, I’d prefer a stockROM over CustomROM; thus me asking for “is there a OxygenOS-ROM” -> as stockROM, it sure would allow revolut to run, IF the (old) CyanogenOS is the source of the issue…

Hi,

I’m new to Revolut with a rooted OnePlus 1, CM13 (13.1.2, latest available), Android 6.0.1 (latest available).

I have experience of 1 banking App not working because of rooted phone. All Others 5 I have are just working great.

The latest version of Revolut that I could successfully install is 5.29 (via APK). The latest available version (6.0.1) seems NOT to be compatible with my device (Google Play).

Trying to install manually any further APK will result in a crashing app that cannot be started.

I’m looking forward to hearing from Revolut Support as well.

2 Likes

Well, i’m using OnePlus 7 Pro (all stock) and 3 days ago Revolut was updated to version 6.1

So, till now i didn’t face any problems. Let’s see what happens.

1 Like

What about to update to a safer (and updated) version of Android?

1 Like

Problem still present in 6.1. App keeps crashing.

Thanks as well for the useful link about updating Android for OnePlus 1. I’ll sure get into it.

1 Like

Just installed v6.4 of the app on my Oneplus T3 phone and it works fine :smiley:

Which Android you have on Oneplus 3T ?

I have a Oneplus 5 (Android 9 stock ROM).
The app is not working for me since version 5.29. Can anyone help?

1 Like

OP5 (android 9 stock) - app unusable after the last 3 updates

I have a Oneplus One with Lineage OS 15.1 (Android 8.1), latest Android security patch Jan 2019. For me the last version that works is 5.29, google play does not show the app anymore and installing newer versions by hand with the mirrored apks results in “Installation Failed”. Any advice? Also tried with a Oneplus 6T with Lineage 16 (Android 9) - also no luck.

I am in GB with a German phone number. Why would Revolut block Oneplus phones? If this will not resolve itself, I will just use the money in there with my card and then stop using it. I think Revolut is loosing a bunch of customers here, shame!

I talked to Revolut support, they say it’s a problem originating from Android’s side (Google pulling support or smth), I am not entirely sold on this. They suggested I try a different phone.

That’s strange, I have older phone than you (OP3, Android 9 stock, locked bootloader, not rooted) and I can get all the updates for the Revolut app and the app is running without any issues.

Generally speaking, it’s good that they keep it locked down so tight. Rooted devices and .apk from the Internet are a security risk and a Banking App should be secured as much as possible.

If someone hacks your account on a rooted device i.e. through a malicious software or a malicious .apk then no one will reimburse you and deservedly so.

That’s down to the user and if someone roots his or her phone they are usually a dev or a more thoughtful user. Also if this is the case, they should state it explicitly that rooted phones are not supported and offer a website alternative as well. The 5.29 version worked just well on my rooted Oneplus device.

After a few sterile replies about version uncompatibilitie, the live agent in my revolut app havent given any further sign of life regarding this matter:

I think it’s a serious issue regarding GDPR.
The fact that Revolut automatically opt in third parties marketing, that only the post v5.48 app versions have the feature to setup an optout, and that several still-capable [STOCK Android >=6.0] smartphone are being denied an update to post v5.48-Revolut-apps.

I have an UMI/UMIDIGI phone running revolut 5.29, and like many mentioned phones above it’s not hard to secure smartphones. Moreover i don’t believe the Google-not-able excuse, since my smarphone successfully installed and run any other modern banking official apps too their latest Playstore versions. (ex: Natwest works perfectly fine!)

That’s a serious issue not to have your GDPR rights not well respected…
Or if Revolut can pay me a new smarphone, they just have to tell me.

Any solution?

1 Like