Revolut :r: now works with Google Pay

@ matthew.t.phillips

I thought that just Mastercard works. But it does not, only few selected once, BETA testers are working with MC and GP. Other NO. So

Hello, yes I mean VISA working with the Google Pay system :slight_smile:

Can someone from the Revolut team give us more information about Mastercard AND Visa support for Google Pay?!

I’ve seen someone on Twitter who was able to add his Maestro card.

AFAIK at this moment only MasterCard can be assigned with Google Pay.

It could be a bug that some experience :man_shrugging: I’ve also seen someone saying they’ve added their :r: MasterCard and it showed up as Maestro in Google Pay

I received my Mastercard (Premium) yesterday and it’s not working with Google Pay (contact less). :cry:

And your other cards work? Are you a selected one for Google Pay testing?

None of my cards work for Google Pay. No, I was not selected for the test. I was hoping that it just works for premium users. :slight_smile: How are people selected? :r: please activate my card.

Selected by Random.

But I have a sneaky suspicion that they enabled it for some of the old MasterCard bins. They recently changed to new MasterCard bin for Premium which includes MasterCard Account Ranges (or that is a theory)

Interesting :thinking: The UK Google Pay website already shows the :r: MasterCard cards as being supported, but on the German one Revolut is still listed as “coming soon” :scream:

That’s great but we don’t see anything about Revolut on Czech Google Pay page. :smiley: :smiley: Thankfully I’m in GP Revolut beta.

Google and Mastercard secret deal

Google & Mastercard have secret deal to track offline shopping to online ad clicks – report https://www.rt.com/business/437386-mastercard-google-deal-cards/

Revolut also already shows up as being supported on Google Pay in Belgium, Poland, Spain and Ireland on the support.google.com website, though no official announcement yet :thinking: a bit strange

Really surprised by lack of noise about this from Revolut. Usually they keep going on and on about smaller features than this.
I think a lot more people would try Revolut if they know they can get free Vitual Card which can be added onto Google Pay for mobile payments. :man_shrugging:

Hmmm. They offer virtual VISA card (at least in PL), so this card cannot be added to G Pay…

BIN database lookup shows that my Premium MasterCard is from Italy although I am living in Austria. Why Italy? This is obviously the reason why I cannot use Google Pay? Why not Spain, Belgium or Ireland?

You might find this thread interesting.

Google Pay made today an Update and now my both mastercards work/could be added. Maybe some of you who couldn’t add their card should try it now :smile:

Lucky you! Does not work for me! What version do you have? From the Google Pay Store or some APK website? No notification in the app that they have enabled your card for Google Pay?