Revolut :r: now works with Google Pay

I too have problem with adding Visa card. I have personal Revoult account and it’s card was added without problem but my second business card can’t be added >:

I am in Italy and when I want to active the google pay, there is an error, say “sth went wrong. Try again later.”
But it is like this for hours.
How can you help me with that?

In Cyprus my Revolut card does not work in Google Pay I don’t know the reason, I try many times to add it without result. There is a solution ?

Cyprus is not listed here. Are you sure Google Pay is even rolled out to Cyprus by Google yet?

https://support.google.com/pay/answer/7454247/find-supported-payment-methods-for-contactless-purchases-android

Revolut works fine ob my (private) Android Phone.

I have set-up the virtual the Revolut Card with Google Pay on my business Android Phone
(including SMS/TXT verification on my private Android Pohne).

But here in Switzerland, I cannot pay with my business Android Phone and Goolge Pay at Point of Sales.

Each time I am asked in the POS display to use the Card-Reader (instead of NFC).

What can I do to pay with NFC as on my (private) Android Phone?

Been using it ever since. Super handy!

As Revolut are stopping the use of credit cards for top-ups can we use GPay with an underlying credit card? (Although I can’t even get Gpay to work for top-ups yet even with debit cards in GPay) UK

That’s unlikely. It would be still a credit card you’re paying with.

ok thought it might work like Curve - get charged by the debit mastercard Curve which then charges the underlying CC.
I guess with Gpay it works in a very different way.
Could use Curve then to top up with the CC underneath.

Gpay and Apple Pay are passing through a transaction to the original card issuer. Curve issues their own cards.

Hi everyone. I am new one on forum and being Revolut user from yesterday. I am going to Spain in next week and I would like to pay by Virtual Cards in restaurants, shops etc. so I have some questions.

1. Do I need an internet connection on or just NFC?
  2. Can I withdraw cash from ATMs by Virtual Card?
  3. It is works on all-terminals?

ad.1 NFC is enough
ad.2 If ATM offers possibility of contactless withdrawal- yes
ad.3 I have never experienced any problem with contactless payment (it depends on the terminal. Some terminals does not offer contactless payment)

1 Like
  1. *Pay on mobile devices works with tokens (pre-reserved payments), so you can pay several times without internet but you will need internet to generate more. How many payments without internet - nobody answer. (Roaming in EU is almost free or it you are not EU or prepaid - just get local Spain prepaid card.)

2. No. You can not withdraw from ATM via Revolut Virtual card because ATM requires PIN but Revolut did not provide PIN for their virtual cards. (Option 1: Get phisical card (paid delivery) you have to receive it and activate it with chip and PIN. You can add it to *Pay, pay with device but not sure about ATM. Do not worry plastic is still not active even someone get it before you. Option 2: Get Curve and add R virtuall card in it. Curve have PIN even with plastic order.)

3. Depends how often local bank’s card operators update their POS/ATM with the new allowed BINs. For some card operators it takes days, for other months - the most common reason for complaining on the forums is that the cards did not work.

2 Likes

My feedback is to let me choose “no” or “never” to the nags that keep asking me to use google pay on the app.

1 Like

Hi @redi @Cho Thank you for helping out :smiling_face:
@damjack Hope this answers your question.

Please feel free to contact us for further assistance :smiley:

I can’t find a way using a Single-use Revolut virtual card with Google Pay. Or will it be possible to use in a near future ?

@Alex171

Because there is no way and I do not see the point to use a disposable card with Google Pay, but you can create a new virtual card and use it only for Google Pay.

Google Pay already creates one time tokens and does not share card numbers with merchants. Disposable cards are an alternative if you can’t or don’t want to use Gpay.

3 Likes

@Frank Thanks for the explanation :slight_smile:

1 Like

Glad to see you got your answer @Alex171. :smiley:

Thanks for the help @Frank. :heart:

SG | Community Team

1 Like