Revolut :r: now works with Google Pay

This has to do only with the card number. If you have a card issued in a supported country there is no issue.
That’s the same as having a UK bank card and living in an unsupporting country (no GPay) and adding this card in Google Pay. Is there any contract breaking?
Someone may relocate and continue using his cards

Yes, but you don’t have UK bank card. You have revolut card which should be relevant to your address. If you are in UK and order a card, you can add it in Gpay without problem, but if you live in country that is not supported yet, Revolut have to give you a card that is not supported in Gpay. Google pointed that to Revolut and they had to fix the “bug”.

It‘s important to see the difference between “circumstantial” and “deliberate” here. Issuing a UK card to a UK resident that then moves is okay. But issuing UK cards to residents in other countries while being also present in that market seems not okay.

I haven’t followed the situation for Google Pay. But with Apple Pay, the situation was this: was there a localised version of an app available? Then Apple insisted on limiting Apple Pay.

1 Like

For example Monese is issuing French cards to Greece. So you can add them to GPay if you download it. Google Pay works everywhere in the world and they don’t seem to care about it like Samsung Pay which can’t connect in unsupported country’s devices.

It’s not a big deal.

Google Pay seems to be available in Japan as well!

…which is nice. Don’t have a device with NFC so haven’t tested yet though.

Edit: well there goes the link because it has vanished

2 Likes

Isn’t an IC card more useful in Japan? I have a Suica in my iPhone with some yen loaded

I was overly excited when there was a change in the website.

True, Suica is a much more useful and widely accepted than most cashless payment systems.

That’s really cool to hear though tbh! Japan should be a lot more contactless friendly as Abe rushes to prepare for foreigners coming into the country for the olympics. More foreign spending = better Japanese economy after all. I saw another Japanese financial firm that was cool actually, I don’t suppose you’ve heard of Kyash? They have 1% cashback AFAIK too

Cant add Virtual and physical cards. in Estonia

Want to share strange situation while topping up my account this Wednesday with my MasterCard via Google Pay

• 200 EUR 21:20, fee 3.34 EUR
  • 100 EUR 21:29 (so 9 minutes later, but other contitions all the same as before) - no fee
    No clue why :-/

No idea, you should ask them to look into it and see if you can have the fee refunded

Trying to register my Revolut card in Google Pay - well, reregister, for some reason it won’t add it, asking me to try it later, and giving me error “OR TAPSH 08”, which a quick Google reveals nothing.

Revolut say it’s a Google Pay thing. But you can’t actually approach Google Pay anymore, their “support” is a help page that doesn’t address any of the issues, no phone number, email address, chat or forum. All, apparently, due to Covid 19. I guess they’d rather I use Curve or Apple Pay…

1 Like

XDA suggests it might be too many attempts. Just wait 24 hours and it should work again.
Otherwise XDA suggests to go in the Google Pay App > Help & Support > Contact/Chat, and they will fix the issue within 48 hours.

I will try again in 48 hours, but I am not hopeful. Adding the Santander card triggered a fraud warning from Santander and my card is now blocked until Monday until “someone can look at it”. I successfully added a Bunq card last night but got a message this morning asking me to verify it again, and refusing to allow it. It says the CVV number is wrong, when it clearly isn’t.

Google Pay App > Help & Support >

sadly does not bring up a chat or contact option. Possibly because about half the screen is a Covid 19 warning. It looks as if there is no longer an onboard chat or contact option, only a “give feedback on this article” field.

I did find an email submission form (https://goo.gle/2r2DZrR) hidden in the reviews part of the app. It looked hopeful, but when I submitted it, I got an autoreply that wasn’t even vaguely to do with the query I’d submitted.

Revolut works fine ob my (private) Android Phone.

I have set-up the virtual the Revolut Card with Google Pay on my business Android Phone
(including SMS/TXT verification on my private Android Pohne).

But here in Switzerland, I cannot pay with my business Android Phone and Goolge Pay at Point of Sales.

Each time I am aksed in the POS display to use the Card-Reader.

Did you try a physical card? For me this works without any issues here in Switzerland.
I never tried the virtual card for Google pay.

a) Revolut works fine in Switzerland with my ( private ) Android Phone.
b) Revolut works fine in Switzerland with the physical card.
c) But I cannot pay with my other Android Phone and virtual Revolut Card within Goolge Pay

The combination of a Revolut virtual card and Google Pay is excellent, as it makes the process of setting up very fast and easy.

1 Like

Here in Switzerland, I cannot pay with my 2nd Android Phone (without Revolut App) and Goolge Pay (virtual Revolut card added) at the Point of Sales.

Each time, I am asked in the Point of Sales display to use the pyhsical Card-Reader.

—> what is the problem and solution=

N26 has already added to their website Austria, Estonia, Greece, Latvia, Lithuania, the Netherlands and Portugal as supported countries.
Do you think Revolut is going to launch soon?