Revolut :r: now works with Google Pay

Tried it in Czech Republic, but no success so far.

In Poland- without any problem (GPay). And I was surprised because it didnā€™t ask me about DCC and I withdrew PLN- Superb!
Iā€™ve tried both- MasterCad and Visa- the same ATMā€™s behaviour

I managed to add VISA and VISA virtual to my Bulgarian account. This was not possible few days ago. Iā€™m currently out of Bulgaria,but when I come back I will try to make an payment and will give feedback.

Anyone in Asia , Japan , used GPay to withdrawal ?

I donā€™t think youā€™ll have much luck with that there personally.

So the card that got declined to GPay a few days ago now went through?
Is it an old card or new? Maybe Rev is now working to bring it to the countries that Apple Pay is, well hopefully. I can use it but I am not fully confident with it. If it is official, then it would be another story.

Edit: By saying I am not confident I mean that maybe one day Revolut stops support for all Greek residents, even though it now works. Until the official Google Pay page says that they support Greece and Revolut is in the list, i suppose they can do it.

To clarify, I am paying with GPay for the last 5-6 months without a hitch. Itā€™s magnificent.

I use GPAY with my physical Visa (old one with UK BIN) for more than month without problem in Bulgaria

1 Like

Well done, but I suppose that you had change your address in the app to UK one, because with bulgarian address was not possible.

No, when I order my card last year, they still ship them with UK BINs. You can change your address and make virtual cart with UK bin, but for now on Borica terminals, my virtual MasterCart doesnā€™t work

Hello.

GPay works in Portugal for Revolut Visa cards. When will Revolut MasterCard alow the same?

Thanks.

Did you try? In Switzerland and many other countries, MasterCard works just fine with GPay.

Yep. I did tried.
After adding the card, it gives a messege that I cannot use it in in-store payments.

I am a premium user and my MasterCards didnā€™t work last time I tried. Surprisingly :r: in collaboration with Hutchison Drei Austria handed out free cards that work with Google Pay. WT*?

Hey guys, I tried adding a Revolut Visa to a Google Pay account, but it seems that I canā€™t use it for contactless payment because ā€˜my bank doesnā€™t support this feature for this card yetā€™. Note that Iā€™m from Slovenia, which isnā€™t on the list of supported countries (which could be a factor, even though the error message doesnā€™t suggest that, while the app is perfectly translated into Slovenian). I generally donā€™t care much for GooglePay etc., but Iā€™m now spending a month and a bit in Taiwan where most stores donā€™t accept cards, but do accept Google/Apple/Samsung Pay and I absolutely detest paying everything with cash, since I donā€™t have a good control on how much and where I spent moneyā€¦

Sounds really weird to me - whats the point of not accepting cards and accepting google pay (presumably linked to same card) in same time?
What are those taiwanese merchants smoking? :thinking:

I guess thatā€™s just Asia where people ā€˜liveā€™ in their mobile phones. Most of the convenience stores Iā€™ve been to have Google/Apple/Samsung Pay written all over the place, but when I hand them my Revolut Visa (and explicitly stating that itā€™s a Visa card), most of them just shake their head and say ā€˜noā€™. They do accept their Easy Cards things everywhere (very convenient for public transport), but again I can only top those up with physical money (though I think I could top them with credit card using an app, the app is only in Chinese which I donā€™t understand).

Your card is not accepted for contactless payments not becasue of the bank (Revolut), but because your Revolut card hase Slovenian BIN. The card must have BIN code of a country where GPay works officially in order to pay contactless. For example if your card has UK BIN, then its good for contactless payment.

Thanks. Not rooted, but itā€™s always good to know.

Heya!

Just to let you know that trying to bypass and use Google Pay/Apple Pay without being in proper residency or by bypassing security measures place by Revolut is a breach of TOS and may have your account closed and money temporarily locked as a result.

cc: @anon33247966

Yeah, possibly, though none of the BIN checkers into which I typed in my number (459654) suggest any sort of connection between the card and Slovenia. But yeah, Iā€™m a bit new to all of this, so I might be looking into wrong places.