Revolut :r: now works with Google Pay

Yes, it‘s about how it’s implemented. If 2FA is handled by the device or not. Issuers have a say about how it’s done. But that is just one side of the equation. I’m just cautious to unconditionally recommend PIN-less cards because I can easily imagine someone getting used to it and relying on it and then it might fail on a trip.

1 Like

You are right, and when PSD II will launched in EU it can be more complicated even.

In that case you are asked to unlock your phone

I would rather say it gets clearer for the customer in the online world as the requirement to authenticate online transactions will then be more consistent. Although for my liking, there are too many exceptions in the definition.

I am having a problem with a Gpay top-up. I have made a top-up with my debit account for 500 dkk but my bank statement is showing 504 dkk, why this discrepancy?

What exactly do you mean if you write GPay TopUp? Topping up your Revolut account through Google Pay, which is backed by your debit card issued by a local bank?
If this is the case, your bank seems to charge a fee. This might be as this top up is seen as an international payment where they apply fees or that it’s regarded as a cash advance, which also might bear fees… other reasons are possible. Only your bank which issued your card can answer this.

3 Likes

Revolut Virtual MasterCard 4616 works with Google Pay in Greece, before some weeks Google Pay rejected it,now working with no problems.

1 Like

Lets see if they can make VISA work with google pay in 2 weeks time as scheduled in Rev Rally.

Would be nice. Will Visa also have country specific BINs? That is why you can not add a (Dutch) Revolut MasterCard to GooglePay when you live in the Netherlands.

Thanks for the response. Yes I mean Google Pay top-up. It is a debit card and I am topping up in the same currency as the visa debit card. Actually I found out that the transaction is still pending and is marked as “cover reservation”, whatever that means. It seems it’s 1% higher than the top-up value. I have to wait until it is approved to see the actual value.

That’s why, 4616 is Czech Republic

Google Pay will only be available to selected users from United Kingdom, Poland, Ireland, Belgium, Spain, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Germany, Italy, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden, France.

1 Like

Cool, i will try it out soon. Hopefully i will be able to find some stores that can use this :slight_smile:

Actually, it should be possible to top-up by Google Pay according to the FAQ:

(This applies to Google Pay as well even though it only mentions Apple Pay)

Why when I try to top-up with Google pay with my Visa debit card for more than 80 euro I get “google pay top up denied” ? My bank told me there’s no limit on single transactions on google pay. Mind you that this is a virtual card number, not the actual card.

check your month… day limit of your card. this has nothing to do with google pay or revolut, it’s your bank

As I have mentioned, I have already called my bank, the daily limit on my card is a lot higher than 80 euros per day. I have tried the chat support and told me there’s a daily top-up limit for new users, but 80 euros per day seems low.

now that makes sense. when did you sign up? yes it’s very low :stuck_out_tongue:

I was able to add my physical Revolut mastercard but not my virtual Visa to Google Pay unfortunately.

yes, visa is not supported yet for contactless payments

1 Like

Thanks. My wife has the mastercard virtual card. Good that we have both options as we were both given 1 virtual visa and 1 virtual mastercard. Random I guess.