Revolut - Not worth it

May only be for new customers as part of the onboarding process.

Just a guess.

IMHO it is much easier. Revolut isn’t a bank and doesn’t have its (his?) own account. So they have to cooperate with other bank (i.e. Lloyds).
If you have your “high Street bank” account in Lloyds - your application is approved without deep search…

Soon they will be one :wink:

Yeah, I know. “Coming soon” spell :wink:

It blows my mind that a ‘financial services company’ can without reason or warning block an account. Not only am I not able to access MY funds, but I have no means to resolve the issue. As a customer I am powerless. Cleverly there is no number I can call, and the last communications I had with support on the app was over 36 hours ago - I have given up.
Its an absolute joke that I cant even lodge a formal complaint because it requires someone from support to provide me with the complaint form!!

How can Revolut honestly expect customers to hold large sums of money with them???!

My only options as I see it are to either, lodge a complaint directly with the Ombudsman, phone head office in London or try and get the CEOs email address. I going to do all three!

How can the FCA allow this

1 Like

There is a number listed at https://www.revolut.com/at/contact
Nobody answering?

Sorry, please ignore: it says automatic phone-line.

Wait - are you telling me Revolut is doing a credit check without my permission! And what credit are they checking? I’m loading the Revolut account using my own funds from my account, its like an online wallet. And yes, I have bank accounts in “high street banks” which I used to top up my account - so as per the logic on this thread I shouldn’t have faced the problem I did.

@davekdave I understand your pain. Hope you resolve your issue soon! You’re right, there’s no number you can call on (the only number you can call on is an automated one where you can report your lost card). The only option is the in-app support chat where you leave a message and someone from Revolut comes back to you at their convenience.

Unfortunately, for security reasons we cannot disclose how our KYC system works. Thank you for your understanding.

Of course, though I guess it should be disclosable whether Nikhil1 was actually verified when his account got locked or not. If he was, the question would be why was he asked to verify his identity once more. If he wasnt, why was he told he was.

This is a part of our security procedure, I’m afraid I cannot discuss this further with you guys.

Yes - I just saw on my eqifax account that Revolut did a credit check. My permission was never asked!

@anon33247966 can you point me to the relevant terms and conditions which says that Revolut can do a credit check?

If not, I will report Revolut to the FCA

1 Like

Thanks, Ive just signed up and I wouldn’t want to face those problems :smile: Ermm Could you tell me where would i need to complete these ID checks??

Thanks in advance

Right Ive just joined so Im already seeing some complications with others. My question is now, would it be safe to buy some Altcoins? And my second question is i understand i can buy and send the altcoins on Revolut but can i send them to a safer wallet rather than holding? Please advice

Beautifully explained, Thank you

Hey all. I can confirm Revolut is not doing credit checks.

Here’s a screenshot. The red arrow points to Revolut’s search.

@anon33247966?

Thanks for this. I’ve passed this on. We will investigate this further and get back back to you.

Nope, did not apply for any credit.

I’ve received an update from our compliance team. Revolut doesn’t perform any hard credits checks which can affect your credit scores, only soft credit checks. This includes things such as identity checks and quotations, where a company confirms the details you have provided are correct, when offering you a quote

1 Like