Revolut needs to learn about the purpose of a forum

You clearly have not read and understood the thread.

2 Likes

No Alessandro Iā€™ve read your post. You demand to know what happened, like the facts of each case. Why? What would like to know? You donā€™t inquire about this stuff to your own bank, why Revolut should do that? Do you understand that even disclosing small details can be risky? Plus they canā€™t disclose the details with someone who isnā€™t the account holder anyway.

You obviously have not read the thread, otherwise you wouldnt make such claims.

1 Like

So what would you like to know?

My understanding of this situation and just my opinions and 2 cents, is that weā€™re not taking into account the nature and sector of Revolutā€™s business. This isnā€™t just a forum for a game, or a fan site, or other business. Revolut are a financial business and are regulated much more heavily than most other industries. Therefore itā€™s probably close to impossible to ever explain why certain actions were taken against an account if itā€™s directly related to the regulated parts.

I donā€™t know if your regular banks have community hubs like this, but if they did and a user was caught doing something in their bank account that serious that their account was terminated, they wouldnā€™t exactly be kept around in the forum and the bank wouldnā€™t announce the reasons behind it. Itā€™s between the bank, the person and possibly an enforcement agency.

If action was taken purely against the forum account for breaking forum rules then Iā€™d expect it to be different and some level of detail possible.

Just my thoughts, maybe Iā€™m totally missing the point but thatā€™s how it reads to me.

5 Likes

It is possible to register on this forum without actual Revolut account. Why would you want to link your forum account to your real Revolut account and be banned/terminated for your ā€œnot right opinionā€?

3 Likes

Sounds like youā€™re saying things to be dramatic.

Thereā€™s nothing saying anyone was ā€œbanned/terminatedā€ for having an opinion. (feel free to let me know if I missed anything). From what Iā€™ve seen, this forum encourages everything to discuss things, competitors names are not banned, but encouraged to discuss. Everything has terms and conditions and rules to follow. You are responsible for doing so.

We donā€™t know what happened to the two quoted incidents, on the surface they look like 2 innocent people simply asking for help. But we do not know what happened in the background, what they were doing/saying with support and their account. It may also be that we will never know because of whatever reason they were banned for may be within the compliance or regulations that cannot be discussed by Revolut to other people or public.

2 Likes

Dramatic vs Realistic. Let see if Iā€™m going to be banned for these links :smiley:

https://twitter.com/revolutbank

That is not an example of having or sharing an opinion. That is specifically posting things in line with propaganda or slander and just completely de-railing this thread.

An opinion would be that you are not a fan of the service, do not want to use it and have reasons to believe itā€™s not trustworthy, share your opinion and move on. The issue there is how you ā€œvoiceā€ your opinion, not just posting spam.

2 Likes

I do believe R has reasons to block those users and yes, their closed accounts may indeed hint at them being involved in criminal activities. I understand the rationale behind not allowing criminals in the community forum; however, I still think itā€™s a bad idea to ban someone as long as they havenā€™t posted anything offending here. Thatā€™s because while R wants to make the impression of not being a place for criminals, it actually makes the impression of censoring people and trying to hide mistakes.

1 Like

I see what you mean by this and in some ways can agree, but I donā€™t know enough about the rules and regulations around banking/finance businesses such as banks and Revolut. As they are a UK company, maybe there is some underlying law or requirement that in that case everything gets banned? Or maybe itā€™s just a company practice and thatā€™s how they have decided to do it.

Would it help if Revolut could clearly state whether the ban was due to ā€œin-forumā€ or ā€œout of forumā€ things? Not sure.

Unfortunately this is a fine line everything with moderation has to walk and there will always be people on either side of that line that like to be vocal and shout censorship or lack of moderation. each community just has to find where they feel most comfortable sitting on that line. Hopefully they have some leeway where they can take in and listen to their communityā€™s feedback and try to change things where possible to help clear up some of the murky communication. In my opinion.

1 Like

OK lets put it differentlyā€¦ links express opinion, posting links = supporting opinion.

I just been logged off and my forum account restricted:

ā€œWeā€™ve received your new post but it needs to be approved by a moderator before it will appear. Please be patient. You have 1 post pending.ā€

So how do you call this? CENSORSHIP for posting links with negative opinion.

Next step is banning my account. Why not? Because they can for just expressing my opinion or supporting opinion.

2 Likes

Firstly, let me say thank you for your understanding. :slight_smile:

Regarding this, I personally wish to be able to do this. However, having a member here who has a suspended account can create big issues, miscommunication and will be highly misleading as these users tends to lie on why the have been suspended (like by providing misleading information).

e.g ā€œRevolut suspended my account simply because I was transferring out.ā€ Which was definitely not the case. I hope you understand my point and my position.

3 Likes