Revolut launches savings product for premium users

Revolut has entered the UK savings market, an increasingly competetive space for fintechs, in partnership with Flagstone and offering an easy-access savings account with a “market-leading” interest rate of 1.35 per cent.

With this account, Revolut says aims to tackle the consumer loyalty trap. The new feature, which is FSCS protected up to £85,000 through Paragon Bank, is available to its metal card users, whose sole tax residency is in the UK, who pay £12.99 per month for a host of premium features.

Revolut Premium and Standard customers in the UK will be able to access Savings Vaults at a lower rate in the coming months. Revolut will be rolling out Savings Vaults to other European markets in the near future.

Only limited deposits will be accepted at the 1.35 per cent AER interest rate. After the limit is reached, any new deposits will receive a lesser rate although Revolut did not specify the specific amount.

There is no minimum deposit amount, withdrawals can be made at any time, and interest is paid daily. Revolut customers have put aside over £1 billion into their Vaults.

Nik Storonsky, Founder & CEO of Revolut said: “Interest rates have been minuscule in recent years, and this has directly impacted the options that people have when it comes to saving money. With the introduction of Savings Vaults, we can now offer our UK customers one of the most competitive rates in the country, with complete flexibility and protection.

“For us, this is another step towards our goal of democratising the financial services industry, and providing much greater value than traditional banks. As we push into 2020, we have a host of new products and services on the way that will help our customers to spend, save and manage their money more effectively.”

source

9 Likes

How do you even set one up? I’m british and a U.K. Revolut metal user

Can’t see it anywhere, but maybe I’m not looking in the right place?

2 Likes

It gives you the option in the vault setup process. However, I also received a push notification about it as well.

When you go in to the vault it shows at the top it is interest earning also.

What version are you on?

I’m on version 6.24.1

That’s weird… I’m on 6.25 but I can’t find it anywhere. Just downgraded to 6.24.1 and it’s nowhere to be seen again…

@anon33247966 can you help me out here?

I’m also trying to set one up, have upgraded to metal to do so. Don’t get the option in goal creation though. Can anyone help?

Are you in the U.K., Paul?

Still nothing in Europe. Although there are mintos, swaper which provide savings product.

Dear Revolut Community,

Any ideas about an expanding strategy regarding savings?
Thanks to this offering, Revolut becomes an even more serious banking alternative. Can’t wait to give it a try!

Savings accounts with better than the market interes rate are supposed to be coming to Europe soon, any further details anybody?

2 Likes

have you tried the metal plan for revolut which involves the savings vault paying daily interest. my question is does it really pay interest daily?

Any news on when will this feature make its way into other EU countries?

It does, it is not exactly EVERY single day, sometime is pays the last 2, specially weekends, but generally yes, it does pay every day. Now, does it pay off? if you have enough money saved for the interest to cover at least your annual membership? then yes, definitly