Revolut launches in Australia! šŸ‡¦šŸ‡ŗ

If itā€™s like the European version, Iā€™d assume they would send you Euro via a user-to-user transfer and the balance (in Euro) would instantly appear in your Euro account rather than through the banking system.

You could then make the exchange to AUD in app.

I havenā€™t seen the Australian offering either, but wouldnā€™t assume it would be too much different.

1 Like

good catch. i forgot about the most basic way to transfer if the other person uses :r: as well.

Iā€™m toping up via ING and donā€™t see any fee, Iā€™m also paying for a premium membership though

1 Like

I have a UK Revolut converted some GBP to AUD and then attempted a transfer to an Australian bank account (the ATO direct credit account to pay my taxes), itā€™s been 10 business days and the money has not been received and the app wonā€™t let me cancel the transfer. Please help!

1 Like

I have just created by (Australian) accountā€¦ Is there a PDS I can get? Itā€™s now clear to me that I have to put in $25AUD first before I can even use the account, but what is the cost to/if I can even withdraw this directly without fees?

2 Likes

What is the cost for what, sorry?

1 Like

All right Folks,
I am Australian, but I still donā€™t get it.
I would like to open a Revolut account that has ā€œAustralian identityā€! Hence, could I top it up from my Australian debit card for free and then spend in AUD again for free. Just like (whether is it a true bank account or not - I donā€™t care) if I had a bank account from WP or ComB.
Is it the case or would I still have to straggle with SWIFT and international money transfer to a UK bank account to then pay from there when I purchase in Oz??
Please advise!

1 Like

Itā€™s all determined by your address.
The fee for card top up with a non-EEA card is waived if your cardā€™s country code matches your country of residence.
However, you should be aware that Revolut does not activate new Australian customers currently:

2 Likes

Same in USA. Not able to understand why Revolut canā€™t offer auto debit feature, when they can provide us with local US bank account number :thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

1 Like

Quando vai lanƧar a versĆ£o beta no Brasil? Estou aguardando faz tempo

It seems that this is not yet possible. A friend of mine has the same problem, having to send AUD from his Australian bank account to his Revolut account in the UK, and thereā€™s a hefty bank charge each time.

1 Like

They canā€™t top up by card without fees?
Which part charges the fee, Revolut or the card issuer?

1 Like

Revolut, to cover the costs of accepting card payments

1 Like

I travel through Australia. Can I get new credit cart even if donā€™t have fixed address in Australia?

What is your permanent address? If Revolut offers the service there, yes you can.

You can then use the card everywhere, worldwide, if the brand is accepted and they donā€™t have any restriction regarding prepaid cards (like some hotels, car rental and the like). To use a card in a country, Revolut does not have to offer itā€™s services there to end customers.

1 Like

Is there any way of actually getting through the Australian signup queue? Seems its been stuck on 1st in line for months nowā€¦

there we go again:

hello, iā€™m on the waiting list for australia but i have a uk address also and am keen to get an account asap. Can you please cancel my place on the australian waitlist so i can reregister?

are you a resident in the U.K.? Looping in @anon33247966 as heā€™s an employee

Hi AndreasK

I would like to be removed from waiting list.
Can you please tell me what to do?

Best regards
min