Revolut launches Credit Card

1 Like

Customers in Poland, Lithuania, Ireland and the USA are the lucky one to start with this CC.

3 Likes

Shame the UK doesn’t get any look in considering revolut is native here.

The FCA likely have a lot to say about it.

3 Likes

True. I was kind of surprised by UK not making the list.

3 Likes

I wasn’t. No banking license yet. I don’t see Revolut setting this up with a partner bank in the UK.

4 Likes

Same situation here. Revolut doesn’t have a banking license in the US. They have partnered with Metropolitan Commercial Bank.

3 Likes

It’s a completely different setup. Revolut UK has an e-money license. They can do more or less everything on their own except lending.

It doesn’t make sense to deal with a partner bank when they expect to be able to offer the service sometime 2024 on their own. In the US, they need the partner for everything.

3 Likes

Insider knowledge? :upside_down_face:

But yeah I imagine their licence is imminent.

3 Likes

No just above average google skills. :robot::face_with_spiral_eyes:

4 Likes

Anyone in the US was successful in applying for credit card? I couldn’t. I clicked the link and it opened the app without any further progress.

1 Like

What link are you referring to?

When you’re comparing websites between Lithuania, Ireland, Poland and the US, you’ll find that Revolut doesn’t advertise credit cards in the US yet. And I also couldn’t find any legal agreements.

This might hint at the roll-out being less far in the US.

2 Likes

(Apologies, found the link!)

3 Likes

I managed to open the link. But I was added to the wait list now.

2 Likes

Hello everyone :wave:,

I know you all are excited about the :r: credit card. Therefore we are trying our best to make it available for more and more people. :star_struck: Stay tune. :rocket:

SG | Community Team

7 Likes

Waiting a credit card in Brazil, since revolut already have the banking license https://brazilian.report/liveblog/politics-insider/2023/05/25/revolut-direct-credit-lending-license/

1 Like

I know @Eudes. Please bear with us. :sunflower:

SG | Community Team

1 Like

Is the launch of the credit card in other countries dependent on the fact that Revolut needs a banking license for that country?

1 Like

Yes an no.

Revolut currently offers credit cards only in regions that are covered by their own banking license. But this isn’t how it has to be. Technically, Revolut could issue credit cards with a banking partner that has the relevant banking license. Revolut has not done this so far, and I wouldn’t bet on them doing so.

Edit: forgot about the US. But I have no clue what’s the status there regarding the roll-out.

2 Likes

Can we see this soon in The Netherlands :grin:

2 Likes

@Youssf, I know you all are excited regarding Credit Card. As of now, Credit Cards are available to eligible customers based in Lithuania, Ireland, United States and Poland, and Spain. :earth_americas:

If our credit features aren’t available in your home country yet, don’t worry – we’re working on it. We’ll let you know as soon as we launch them! :hugs:

SG | Community Team

4 Likes