Revolut lands in the USA!

at least for transferwise business you have to be paid as “Transferwise FBO MyCompany” so even if the account number is unique and short, and your name is there, the account actually belongs to TW

0 Likes

Transferwise offers a US account with a US routing code and account number and it is available to US non-resident aliens. My expectation is that Revolut will do the same as soon as they formally launch in the US.

4 Likes

I’m hoping that when Revolut launches in the US, they will support ACH direct debit and by extension allowing me to close my American bank account. As the only reason I have it is that ACH direct debit is the only way I can pay for rent and electricity.

TransferWise does currently not support it and Plastiq takes a 2.5% fee.

1 Like

:r: doesn’t even support direct debits in it’s home country :frowning:

3 Likes

Any updates to when Revolut will launch with US account numbers? I am looking forward to not having to use TransferWise just to receive USD, then top up the Revolut balance in USD.

3 Likes

Canadian banks manage to open their US bank accounts just fine for NRAs (RBC, BMO and TD come to mind).

0 Likes

Does it only apply to canadian citizens or do canadian banks also open US bank accounts for canadian and US NRAs?

I had to sign a document (W-8) with my broker in the US so they could manage my company stocks without taxation for me (NRA).

I wonder about that in terms of Revolut.

0 Likes

Looking forward to Revolut adding US banking capabilities, until then I have to use Transferwise to receive dollars from my E-Trade account. E-Trade, like all US-based entities requires a Bank Routing Number + Account Numbers that is either “Checking” or “Savings”

1 Like

I also am looking forward to Revolut working in the USA… wondering why I cannot start a new topic, the button has disappeared

0 Likes