Revolut lands in the USA!

I am a recent US based Revolut Beta user. My account has been activated. I am awaiting my debit card. I am in the UK and recently at a dinner party took US funds (from my initial $20 deposit) and transferred to GBP to pay for a joint shared dinner. All worked as it should.

I also have a TransferWise acct (this was set-up b/c Revolut had yet to activate my then waitlisted acct). I was paid by a job in GBP (directly to TransferWise with my supplied TransferWise GBP account details).

I want to send GBP from TransferWise to GBP to Revolut. This will allow me to use the better exchange rate and free bank transfer offered by Revolut to send to my Charles Schwab US bank account . HOWEVER Revolut has yet to supply GBP account details AND will not allow me to add money (via debit, bank transfer, or even generating a request link) to my GBP Revolut account. It’s still very much BETA.

The only two tasks the US BETA version will allow at the moment is 1) to deposit USD via a debit card and then transfer to other currencies and 2) bank transfer of US funds to an outside US bank for final deposit.

Unfortunately for how most Revolut (non US BETA) users utilize the service and integrate with other companies like TransferWise, we are heavily restricted. I must relay 100% for the moment on using TransferWise and paying the higher fees (although still lower than most traditional methods). I do hope Revolut soon unlocks the full spectrum of services. Otherwise it’s a very “lite” version.