Revolut lands in the USA!

I am a USA beta user. I just started using the app. I’ve requested my debit card, but it hasn’t arrived yet.

Is there anyplace with info about the beta program? (Or just in this thread?) For example, which features work and which don’t.

From what I can tell, the only way to add money is by debit card to the USD account. If I go to account details and open the USD account, the details area is blank. On the other hand, I’ve created Euro and British Pound accounts and when I go to those account details, it says “Account details are coming soon”.

Anyone have any more info?

The delivery of debit card is very sloooooooow. You may need to wait a little longer than what is shown in the app. Alternatively, you can place an order for a replacement card.
All the features - Instant notifications, adding money through debit cards, budgeting, Payments, Vaults, Currency converter- in the app are working.
Since you don’t have an account number and a routing number, you will not be able to set up a direct deposit. In anycase, currently auto debits and wire transfers are not working. It is expected to make US account numbers to all US account holders soon.
I get an opinion that Revolut doesn’t intend to position itself as a mobile only bank; instead it wants to work as a travel card which will help you save in exchange rates and ATM fees. I think they should change this strategy and market Revolut as a bank for millennials, similar to how Monzo and N26 are marketing.

Actually, I just got my card yesterday. Only took about a week!

And seems like you can only add money in USD. If I try in other currencies (for example Euro), it pops up a message saying, “You can’t add money in EUR yet”. But good to know everything else should work. Thanks!

Hi there, my friend just told me about Revolut and so I created an account to find that in the area of the United States that I currently live in Revolut has not arrived yet and therefore I am on the waitlist. I do not want to be on the waitlist and can not access or delete my account or even contact customer support in the app to do this because I am on the waitlist. Please can you delete my account as I do not want to be on the waitlist. Thank you

I just found another thing that doesn’t work for US accounts: Payment links. I tried to create one and it popped up a message saying “Requesting money via payment link is currently unavailable for US users”.

Does anyone know when the stuff like payment links, US account numbers, adding money in EUR, etc. is supposed to start working?

good afternoon,
i need to receive a bank transfer but the sender needs US Bank Routing…Can you please tell me where i can find it?Thanks

You can’t as somebody not living in the US.
Transferwise provides US personal bank details and can then be used to top up Revolut by card:
(The topic is targeted to Switzerland but it works the same. You just open a USD balance with Transferwise)

You should be able to see your account no. and routing no. under Details in the account tab. If you don’t see any account details, you may need to wait for Revolut to provide you with this feature. They are yet to offer this feature to all.

Are you saying you now have account details for your US account? I don’t have anything there yet. Hopefully soon.

I am one of the lucky guys to have local US account no. attached to Revolut account. :wink:

I’m in the USA and added a USA and a British bank account.
I’d like to be able to send money from my Uk bank to
The USA Revolut account , is this possible ?

Thanks
Damian

If you have a US account number, what about things like payment links and adding money in other currencies? Do those features work for you?

Hello! My family with a US credit card was trying recently to send me $ trought Revolut but is not possible. They tried with a card from wells fargo and bank of america, the banks told us there is nothing bad with the cards and that we need to contact Revolut. Is there any problem with the transactions in US? Thank you in advance!

Yes. These features work. I tried to convert USD to other currency and it worked well.

Hi,
Is it possible to load Revolut by Bill Pay from your bank account? I would appreciate an insight.

I am a recent US based Revolut Beta user. My account has been activated. I am awaiting my debit card. I am in the UK and recently at a dinner party took US funds (from my initial $20 deposit) and transferred to GBP to pay for a joint shared dinner. All worked as it should.

I also have a TransferWise acct (this was set-up b/c Revolut had yet to activate my then waitlisted acct). I was paid by a job in GBP (directly to TransferWise with my supplied TransferWise GBP account details).

I want to send GBP from TransferWise to GBP to Revolut. This will allow me to use the better exchange rate and free bank transfer offered by Revolut to send to my Charles Schwab US bank account . HOWEVER Revolut has yet to supply GBP account details AND will not allow me to add money (via debit, bank transfer, or even generating a request link) to my GBP Revolut account. It’s still very much BETA.

The only two tasks the US BETA version will allow at the moment is 1) to deposit USD via a debit card and then transfer to other currencies and 2) bank transfer of US funds to an outside US bank for final deposit.

Unfortunately for how most Revolut (non US BETA) users utilize the service and integrate with other companies like TransferWise, we are heavily restricted. I must relay 100% for the moment on using TransferWise and paying the higher fees (although still lower than most traditional methods). I do hope Revolut soon unlocks the full spectrum of services. Otherwise it’s a very “lite” version.

Indeed no USA details for UK users yet, much less Swiss ones.

Come on Revolut - start making good on promises for more local accounts.

@West88
What about directly TopUp funds via Revolut app from TransferWise debit card without fee.
As an EU user its possible for me.
Both accounts (R & T) have multicurrency support, so no exchange fees.

For people who are anxious to sneak a peek under the US kimono, here’s what I discovered via Google:

Revolut US – Terms & Policies

Anyone tryed to add US Revolut card to US AppStore or US PayPal account, is it working?