Revolut <18 šŸ„ ā€” Feature Requests

There we go, Revolut <18 is available in most countries as of today. I am excited to see pictures of the actual card soon, the rendering on the website is weird.

I would say the feature set is already slightly more than a MVP, but one thing would hold me back as a parent: currently, a kidā€™s account is tied to one parent. But there should be an option for both (or even three :nerd_face:) parents to have control.

(Okay, three parents really is an edge case. So just ignore that. But it would be cool.)

20 Likes

@Frank I agree. Had exactly the same in my mind why only one parent can have access to the Junior account?

I am also curious about the card design. It would be good if we could choose from different designs especially if there are more kids in the family.

4 Likes

I would like a way to do recurring transfers to my kids account.

10 Likes

It would be awesome to have something like two different wallets. One for the kid free to use and spend on anything they like and one where they need adult permission to spend the money.

15 Likes

Hello. Can we now open an account for kids ?

2 Likes

Just ordered two revolut junior cards and had the same idea in mind. The mother also should be able to monitor the kids spendings and/or add money to their account.

So joining/inviting a second parent for monitoring the kids in his/her revolut account is a must have - especially if you are divorced (as I am) and therefor we live in separate places.

Please add this.

However Iā€™m thrilled to test how revolut junior is working for the kids

12 Likes

Surely this is yet another example of the need for joint accounts? Obviously I am talking about partner accounts, but the same principles apply here too

2 Likes

I also donā€™t understand why Apple Pay is not available on Junior accounts. At the RevRally on 11th December 2018, children and parents gave strong feedback that they wanted to use phones and watches to make payments, not old-fashioned physical cards. Children tend to like modern technology, not old-fashioned methods. Itā€™s a shame that Revolut, despite having the luxury of well over a year to implement Junior accounts, overlooked this feedback. One wonders why they had a RevRally to listen to feedback if they ignore the feedback.

9 Likes

I donā€™t understand why Junior accounts are limited to the parentā€™s base currency. What if I want to give EUR to my daughter to spend on a school trip to France? Despite my base currency being GBP, I wouldnā€™t want to give her GBP, as I have plenty of EUR. This unnecessary restriction defeats one of Revolutā€™s unique selling points.

18 Likes
  • Multiple parent control
  • Send receive money with friends, grandparent, etc that me as parent need to allow/deny.
  • Other card ā€œlooksā€, The color of the card is more important for my 12year old daughter than for me. She want a rosegold color not blue with bubbles. Thatā€™s ok for a 7-10 year old.
  • Swish support in Sweden. No swish support here = no market in the long run. (Swish is way to send money cross banks in Sweden. Itā€™s also a payment service like Visa. Some places only accept cash and swish here.)
9 Likes

Wish I could put a message on money I transfer to him to say what itā€™s for - it would help him track what jobs he had been paid for and what amounts are earmarked for

Apple Pay would be brilliant

A second parent/guardian with access to manage his card

I havenā€™t looked at his app so I donā€™t know this - but can kids create vaults? If not thatā€™s a great feature for saving and money management missing in the Junior account

And the ability for others to transfer money to him

Most of these are already mentioned - lending my voice in support :blush:

8 Likes

I was thinking the same myself.
I went from using a free account and using shared vaults where both parents could see and add funds to our kids vault accounts to upgrading to metal and losing the ability to share information with my wife.

Hope this will come soon.

2 Likes

Just added Junior to my account this week. Have to say Iā€™m pretty disappointed. If I knew I was the only parent who could see/ add to their accounts I wouldnā€™t have bothered.

1. It looks like Iā€™m the only one who can add money to my kidsā€™ accounts?
  2. No option of currency transfers when the kids travel?

I assumed at least my kids relations on Revolut would at least be able to send money to their accounts directly. Why not?

3 Likes

Hi there,
Is it possible to have an IBAN for Revolut Junior, so kids can receive payments from their Vinted sales for example?
Thanks
Francis

6 Likes

+1 for this as another separated parent. Also a good way to encourage new members (the other parent)

2 Likes

Hello everybody,
great idea Revo Jr!
Many things might still be changed, but please consider Apple Pay as top priority and different currency io only have base currency. Teenagers now travel all around the world by themselvesā€¦
Cheers
Hugo

4 Likes

Please consider a way to hide Junior features for us who donā€™t have kids. Takes real estate from the main screen.

8 Likes

Knowing that at first it would be basic, I somehow still expected a bit more. Nonetheless, very happy with the card.

• Should be able to make a note/comment with a transfer to the Junior account to indicate the reason of the transfer.

• Now there is the set up for weekly allowance transfers, but monthly would be great to have too.

*They should be able to send and receive payments from parent approved contacts to be more independent.

• VAULTS - to divide their money into designated wallets for saving, phonebills, presents, etc for better money management.
5 Likes

Currently, the virtual card has the full amount of the account. I think it is better that the initial balance is zero and it can be loaded from the main card.

1 Like

You can set an individual limit per card. This limit can be 0. you can also just freeze the card to block payments effectively.

3 Likes