Revolut in

Hello,
I’m trying to make the change from EUROS to PESOS MEXICANOS, but this hypothesis does not exist in the Revolut app.

Can you please tell me if in Mexico when I want to raise Mexican money at an ATM, is it possible?

Thank you.

You can not pre-purchase mexican pesos.
But you still can withdraw/purchase and you will get live rate from FX.
Just to know,that over weekend there is surcharge for exchanging currency :slight_smile:

1 Like

see FAQ:
Currencies which can be hold in Revolut wallets:

https://www.revolut.com/pl/help/getting-started/exchanging-currencies/what-fiat-currencies-are-supported-for-holding-and-exchange?lang=en

and- unsupported currencies (at all):
https://www.revolut.com/pl/help/exploring-revolut/spending-and-sending-money/using-my-card/what-currencies-are-supported-for-spending?lang=en

Thank you.
That is, for example, if I get money in Mexico (eg, 100 €), I will receive 2227 Mexican pesos, minus the exchange rate, right?

No, it means:

Without any fee.
You can be charged by revolut when you exceed 200 EUR monthly for withdrawal.

Okay, for shopping I did not pay any fees.
But for cash withdrawals at ATM machines? If in Revolut card I have 100 €, I can raise the 2227 Mexican pesos, right? That is, I have not paid any fees in this money-raising.

Of course it depends on the situation.
As I’ve written above- if your main currency is EUR, Revolut won’t charge you any fee until you hit 200 EUR limit (monthly).
I don’t know if ATM’s in Mexico get surcharge…
But usually, until you hit 200 EUR limit (in local currency) withdrawal should be free.

Now it is about 4 450 MXN

Yeah, I also think there are not any fees.
In any case, it should always be cheaper to raise money through REVOLUT in an ATM, than to go to a currency exchange.

I hope the revolut card will work in mexico, for withdrawals.
It’s the first time I’m going to use it.

It will be cheaper for sure :wink: It has to.

BTW. Here you have some info about Mexico and Revolut:

2 Likes

Thank you very much @redi :slight_smile: