Revolut in Turkey?

Anyone using Revolut in Turkey?

1 Like

I didn’t but I thinks works well.
Turkey is ok. Didn’t had problem with any card there in 6 months.
Also, no fees for foreign cards.

And also, you have TRY for accounts

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey @MikeW,

Yes, I have used my Revolut card in Turkey and I can tell you only that’s everything works smooth. Just remember to skip the dynamic currency conversion and everything should be okay!

Have a unforgettable time there! :r:

3 Likes

Revolut - Turkey icmeler
Revolut in turkey ?

Thank you for your reply - I take it that function is just in the settings ?

0 Likes

Hey @Rednu74,

It is an option on the ATM, please check this link:
https://blog.revolut.com/what-you-didnt-know-about-using-atms-abroad/ :r:

Remember, always make sure that you choose the option with ‘No Conversion’, ‘Without Conversion’, ‘Debit in Local Currency’ or any other option that allows your card issuer to run the conversion, and not the DCC provider.

3 Likes

Thank you so much - this is really helpful , I shall share the info with my family also .
Have a good day !!!

2 Likes

What is the best ATM in Turkey, with low-fee/no-fee? Any recommendations?

0 Likes

Revolut is fine in Turkey. It’s easier than Greece, where I have to scramble around for Alpha Bank or NBG (and when you land somewhere like Rhodes airport you’re stuffed because every ATM dings you with charges for declining DCC).

I can’t remember the individual banks I used but I never got charged for declining DCC.

1 Like

I always used ziraat and İş bankası without fees.

You can even withdraw euros in some ATMs

5 Likes

I wish revolut would add a list and a map in the app
To tell where to withdraw money without fees
And update in real time with there system, if 1 revolut user are charged
And have sound kind of a warning system

0 Likes

Revolut can’t know which ATMs will charge you fees and they can’t assure that the info regarding a specific ATM won’t change from time to time. Usually communities care about this kind of things.

0 Likes

This would be a never ending endeavour, and it would most certainly result in big numbers of angry customers complaining about info not being accurate and keeping support busy with angry demands to be compensated.

1 Like

Use the data revolut get from there user

0 Likes

So we can do nothing?

Then we need to withdraw money, walk around to try random ATM?

Look like it lost
Be lucky

0 Likes

This forum is a good place to get informations about this. And there are plenty of websites out there with specific information for many different destinations.

I just think an official Revolut database might not be the best way. A wiki style database would certainly be welcome.

0 Likes