Revolut in tunisia

Hi

I’m going to travel in Tunisia in a couple of days. Is the revolut card is working over there ?
Thanks for your help

Usually it should work (as TND is not on the “forbidden” list)

But i have seen that somebody reports ATM problems (I don’t know if he/ she uses Revolut Mastercard or Visa)
https://community.revolut.com/t/tunisian-atms-not-working/9721

Dear redi,
thanks for your answer.
This problem has been solved actually.
My card was blocked for another reason and it wasn’t linked to the TND currency.
Since then I have used my card with many Tunisian banks and got zero problem.
Best regards.

Hi, I am wondering if anyone were able to use Revolut in Tunisia ? were you successful to withdraw from ATMs there and if they charged you a small fee ? were you able to pay with the card in restaurants and shops ? Thank you.

Hello! Following this up - were you able to use Revolut in payments and withdrawals without any fee?
Thanks

It works fine, never had any issues paying with card in restaurants and shops.
Only downside is that the exchange rate is really bad when withdrawing money from ATM’s. They applied an incorrect rate which was different from the one on the app.

Did u find using ur card in shops and restaurants ok or would you say cash is best? I go on Saturday and don’t know what to do about carrying cash or using my card

Hi, I’m going to travel to Tunisia. Is the revolut card working or creating problems? Is it possible to withdraw from ATMs or pay in restaurants?
Thank you

Hi, BNA bank charged me fees 10 dinars per withdrawal without informing on the ATM. Other ATMs of private banks inform about these same fees. Better to carry cash and exchange the money. In the other side, my Revolut was working fine in restaurants and supermarkets.

The ATM fees in Tunisia range from 10 to 15 dinars. The only bank that doesn’t charge anything is QNB, however, they are not as common as the other banks, therefore, look for QNB ATMs on Google Maps and you can happily withdraw with no fees. The weekend rate is very unfavorable; therefore, I suggest you bring some USD or EUR with you and exchange it in your hotel or at the airport - the exchange rates are fair there.
I hope that this helps.

My card doesn’t work In Cuba. I tried it 2 times once in a Shop and two times at an ATM.