Revolut in the Philipines

A friend of mine is travelling to the Philipines :philippines: soon and he is planning on using :r: there.

Does anyone have any experience using Revolut in the Philipines:

• Overall Experience?
  • Acceptance?
  • Fees?
  • Tips & Tricks?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Have you read this?

3 Likes

Thanks!

I couldn’t find those because I was misspelling Philippines :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

You’ve made my day :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I normally used revolut everytime I visit my Philippines (my hometown) , I used it with SM, resto and withdrawal with BPI and BDO atm - rates seems good too, compare to other transfer money, but still bare in mid your limit for withdrawal as you might be charged (although for me is also fair.)

Is HSBC still fee-free in the Philippines? Off there next week for 5 weeks

1 Like

Last time I was there in August, it was still free of charge.

1 Like

Thanks Mark, that’s helpful

I believe, there is not so much HSBC atms left in PH. If I were to go to PH, prior to trip I would mark all their locations in my phones gps app to find them more easier.

Yeah, the only one I know about in Manila is near St.Lukes.

There is an HSBC in Central Makati on Ayala, and strangely enough Quezon City in a location you would not expect, not too far (in a taxi) from SM North / Trinoma. Not seen any others.

Revolut cards don’t work on any Euronet international ATMs across the Philippines. It’s very strange but I tried with 2 different visa cards in several places in the Philippines to withdraw cash and always have the same error message. Support does not provide any reason, only that is the ATM rejecting the card… very strange issue.

2 Likes

Hi @Nmss :wave:

Welcome to our community.:heart:

Sorry to hear about your problem.:frowning_face: Sadly, there is not a full list of ATM we can provide, but you will be able to top up your account in your base currency and spend on your linked :r: card when you’re in the Philippines for convenience, as long as the merchants accept visa/master card/international cards.

Hope this helps. :blush:

SG | Community Team

1 Like