Revolut in Switzerland

Hello,

I searched on the forum but couldn’t find the info. I am planning on traveling to Switzerland next month and their currency is CHF (none of the GBP, USD or EURO that Revolut lets you have).

1.What happens if I want to withdraw money from an ATM in Switzerland? Does it work, are there any fees and how is the conversion going to work out if it works?
2.The same question for paying in stores/restaurants!?

Thanks,
Bogdi

Some independent effort might not hurt - go to revolut.com, then to the FAQ section and you’ll find your answers there.

Sweet thanks, couldn’t find the answer initially on FAQ. Spend some more time on it now.

Found the following: The card will auto-convert your balance to the currency you’re spending in at the best rate so there is no need to pre-purchase currency.

Is the best rate actually the Mastercard exchange rate?

As far as I am aware, it is supposed to be a mid market rate so average between the buy and sell rate at the time of transaction.

There is no need to pre-purchase CHF unless you want to lock in the rate before travel to budget your spend (or if you believe the rate is good now and will drop later on).

That said, it’s always better to exchange before weekend to avoid additional 0.5% mark-up

Unbelievable !

Revolut does not respect the freedom of speech of a democratic country and has just closed the topic “No more Revolut in Switzerland” (No more Revolut in switzerland ) deleting the last two messages of Anjoco and Rekism concerning the DKB alternative for Swiss citizens (https://www.deutscheskonto.org/en/dkb/).

Remember that Revolut debit cards was brutally invalided by Revolut for Swiss citizens in November 2016 already without informing us about a possible solution in the future.

2 Likes