Revolut in Spain

Daaaamn, so any news which ones are not charging? :smiley: Banks here are killing meeee…
I found this website: https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/consumers/get-support/locate-an-atm.html but I dont understand, there is this option “no acces fee (within country)” but that doesnt mean that atm will not charge fee, right? I am so lost… :roll_eyes:

Do you know how is it with Bankia?

1 Like

Free :money_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Hi,

I’ll move to Spain soon and i was thinking if Revolut can help me.
Can Revolut account be visible to everyone else as a ‘local/Spanish bank account? by IBAN number?’ ? can i use it for paychecks ? (or better to open account in a local bank anyway)

can i use Revolut to transfer my saving from GBP to my new Spanish using an advantageous exchange rate? (or better to use TransferWise etc.?)

1 Like

IBAN discrimination is illegal within the EU, so you should be able to use your Revolut IBAN in Spain for paychecks and transfers just as you would a Spanish account. You can exchange currencies in Revolut at the “real” interbank exchange rate, but just make sure to exchange the currency on a weekday and not on the weekend, because on the weekends Revolut applies a 0.5% markup

1 Like

LaCaixa bank, it charges now 1.40€ for a withdrawal ( but that was in a town), I’ve heard to some ppl, the charges in the city like Barcelona is 2€.
There’s any list of 0 fee charges atm in Spain or the less ones?

Thanks!

Unicaja I believe it’s still free

Why is the physical Revolut card not accepted at the “Peaje” de la autopista (payment station of highway)?

kutxabank free withdrawals Benidorm and possibly elsewhere in Spain

Hi, further to your info above, I too am in the process of completing a holiday home in Spain but do not want to open a Spanish bank account to pay monthly utilities, can I use my Revolut account to pay these? I’m a UK resident so the IBAN number requires to be within the EU and after UK left I am unsure if I can do this with my Revolut account.