Revolut hungarian HUF bank account

Hi Revolut,

First of all, I would like to congratulate on their financial services!
Revolut is becoming more popular among Hungarian users.

It would be a great help if Revolution had a HUF bank account of Hungary, from which the forint account could be charged in HUF.

I wish you more success for their work!

Since, Laszlo Kovacs

Hi Laszlo!

Thank you so much for your kind words :heart:

Hopefully, we will be able to provide local IBANs in the near future!

Hi Andreas,

Is there any estimated time or planned date for the unique HUF IBANs? :slight_smile:

We are REALLY waiting for that!! :wink:

Regards,

Szilvi

Hi! can someone please clarify why it is so important to have HUF account? what are the advantages? thanx!! Levi

Hi Levi,

You can transfer money without delay and without extra fees (minimum fee from any Hungarian bank is around 8-9.000 HUF per transfer). If you have unique HUF IBAN the transfer fee is just the fee you would pay to any Hugarian bank, the money is there asap as you have a unique account number, like now you do for EUR.

Szilvi

Topping up by debit card is free , though. And instant, basically counts as an online card purchase.

Topping up is free but only available for DKK, USD, GBP, CHF, EUR, NOK, PLN, RON and SEK, not HUF. Untill there is no unique HUF IBAN, I cannot get my salary to my Revolut HUF account for example.

I see, yet I have had no trouble topping it up with HUF CONVERTED to EUR. Doesn’t bother me what the nominal currency is when it is primary used abroad

Top up any EURos by a card whose currency is HUF is not a problem. But you buy these EURos for a Hungarian bank course!

Hi Revolut Team,

Any news on this?
It would help a lot to be able to top up in HUF via credit card, or to have a local IBAN.

Thanks,
Attila

Dear Revolut,

I would also be very interested in the introduction date in Hungary. Any specific date at which you’d like to make it possible to top up in HUF without extra fees from Hungarian HUF accounts?

Regards,
Gabor

You can use Transferwise they have local IBAN

Yes, maybe the best solution so far. But for example for me it would be totally free.

FYI: You can vote for HUF here :point_right: Poll: Which top-up currency should we add next? 📊