Revolut Crypto

@original I wouldn’t do that. I did try many different cards and accounts and actually Revolut is currently the best option I found. Only CC support is not good - but it’s a first day :smile:

Well, they helped themselves. Servers/app already crashed because of too many new signups…

No need to get triggered. I was thinking they will give a poor exchange rate from pound to bitcoint but they don’t, they offer a current exchange rate and even better which was displayed on google website.

Everyone got excited about the crypto and its a good way to make money converting back and forth without any fees. Why not to use this high demand and promote their Premium? If you cant invite your friends nor buy a premium account well then you will have to wait.

I tried register with coinbase like 10 times but knowing how terrible their support is and that they could not approve my id or any other docs, I very hope that Revolut will makes them take all that fees away in order to stay on the track or get out of business in all.

EDITED: I just realise that they actually work with coinbase in order to trade crypto on your behalf but hey ho…its much easier to do it via revolut than that trash site

So easy now to get crypto without any fees…Purrfect

Good job Revolut

1 Like

I’ve invited some friends and… nothing happened :man_facepalming:

What is the Exchange Currency system used by Revolut to calculate the live
Buy/Sell rate of CryptoCurrency?

is it really CoinBAse they use? because to me the exchange rate seem different between Rev and CoinB

1 Like

You can read about it in their crypto terms and conditions. Just to make it easier here is a quate from it

“When you wish to gain or limit your exposure to BTC, ETH or LTC, you will effectively instruct Revolut to effect a buy or sell order on your behalf via one of our partnered cryptocurrency exchanges being, Coinbase and Bitstamp (each a “Crypto Exchange”)”

2 Likes

The exact same thing in my case. Invited people, nothing happened. They’re being very bad about the whole thing.

Slow rollout my ass… Should have launched it at 2AM CET. It’s not available in the US anyway.

Awful move Revolut, disappointed.

The whole unlock thing is a scam… the link simply redirects to the google play store on a phone.

You need to use the link on the Cryptocurrency option! Make sure your like has “crypto” on it.

Compared to Kraken, the exchange price is 3-4% lower in Revolut.

I was told by Customer Service that they use Bitstamp, but as flagged in new topic, the rates differ considerably.

I have noticed exactly the same

“Awesome Revolut, low fees, easy crypto”…
and then the 1000 eur exchange has just “a tiny market low fee” of 50 euros. :smiley:

1.5% fee just a false advertising, as real conversion cost 5% every time.
And most people in crypto wouldn’t mind and they probably know how to count, so why false advertise?

2 Likes

There is no way to transfer from/to another wallet is the most dissapointing part to me… Anybody knows if this is still coming?

2 Likes

InkedUntitled-1_LI

Something’s wrong here at 14h00 sharp the app marked 1LTC to 209.15 GBP.

15min after on Historical rates it showed that at 14:00 marked 1LTC to 225 GBP, that’s a huge difference

If I had traded at that time I would get 209.15 and not 225… this doesn’t sound right… would they transfer me the difference after they fixed the rate 15min after? or would I just get the 209 even if the true mark is 225?

Can someone help?

2 Likes

1 Like

This is a really good question.

I am really into crypto. Just upgraded to premium to see how the new feature works. It appears I can only transfer BTC within Revolut - not to external addresses, is that correct? If so, it feels like a bit of a pointless gimmick at the moment. Hope there are plans to allow external transaction?

Thanks, J

2 Likes

You can read more about this in Revolut’s blog post.

2 weeks are soon over. Any news when this will be available to ALL customers as stated on twitter?

1 Like