Revolut Crypto currency amounts should not be automatically exchanged

Hi there,

I recently exchanged £50 into Bitcoin to test out the new crypto features on Revolut. Was a bit disappointed to realise that Revolut automatically exchanges crypto currencies with normal currencies so Revolut automatically exchanged Bitcoin into £ when i tried to make a purchase with my Revolut card, having run out of £ funds.

IMHO, this feature is not appropriate for people who use crypto for investment rather than day to day transactions so I will not be using the crypto feature because of that.

I am sure there are better solutions but perhaps Revolut should allow you to disable the auto exchange between crypto and regular currencies (or enable auto-top up, for my particular case).

PS. I use Revolut for a joint account with wife, which makes control of funds even more important :wink:

Hey. You can deactivate the bitcoin account. Then it won’t be used by the card. You can still exchange into it etc.

Click the icon in the top left on the accounts tab. Swipe left on bitcoin and click deactivate

1 Like

Thanks Henrik. That’s a nifty workaround!

1 Like

With vaults coming soon I think you can use that instead :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks this is good to know as I recently purchased crypto currency via Revolut.

2 Likes

Here is a preview

Hi!
I have a crypto account that I use only for investment, I don’t want it to be used for card payments. To avoid that, I had deactivated it, but now I want to sell that crypto at a target rate. So, I have set up an auto-exchange for a sell order of that crypto. The problem is, In order for the auto-exchange to work I need to have that crypto account activated. My issue is, if I make card payments and there are insufficient funds on my € account, then the car will automatically take funds from the crypto account. I don’t want that to happen.

The answer suggested préviously in this thread doesn’t solve this issue unfortunately.
Is there a way around this?

Hi. I clicked exchange 50 eur to bitcoin when the bitcoin will be for certain value and now I cant find it anywhere. I want to cancel this setting. Help.

Try: Favourites (star symbol) -> Exchanges

Perfect :ok_hand: Thank you.

Can someone help me my account been locked for over 1 month with money in it
I’m gonna file scam with my
Bank since customer support seems to be missing ? Is this even legal