Revolut CREDIT CARD

That’s exactly what I do. I dont like 50€ or bigger notes due to their retarted physical size. I have habit to “exchange” 50€ to smaller notes (by purchasing something - dont care how small purchase might be).

On the other hand - bigger notes might be handy when travelling. I dont want to fill my wallet with small notes if I will go to Thailand for example and want to exchange euro to local money there. In Thailand they even offer better rate for bigger euro notes (i find it silly).

p.s. This thread has gone totally offtopic :upside_down_face:

I live in Slovenia, here every merchant must accept even big notes for payment by law.

1 Like

After turning away 4 forged £20’s in single a morning my local shop will now not accept anything larger then £10 :frowning:

And do they accept cards?

That shop wouldn’t ever get my custom…

I carry only £20’s

well @sirius the Revolut card is not even debit yet. It’s still prepaid. But I agree, we need credit cards! What you’re describing sounds like revolving credit to me. You have a certain amount of money you can borrow (or not) you can use part or all the money and then you will pay the amount, either without any fees if you pay back the amount the next month, or you can continue using the credit for up to a year and pay monthly interests. I think that Revolut should definitely do this! But make it cheap. Instead of the usual more than 20% interest, they can charge 0% if you pay the next month, 5% if you pay in 3 months or less and 10% if you pay in more than 3 months. I think this sounds fair. I can’t wait to have a credit card or at least a debit card with the ability to make offline payments.

1 Like

Nothing will happen. Stores can decline this. It depends all on the total amount.

If the amount is 10 EUR, stores can decline 50 EUR notes and up. Forget your 200 EUR note.

Many shops and of course restaurants don’t accept cards in Germany. Also at tourist Hotspot

I really hope Revolut will come up with a kind of credit card, is there any plan for it ?

2 Likes

Coming back to the original topic: I also support that Revolut issues also “real” credit cards. Had with Amazon Music another example where the (Premium) Revolut card was not accepted. At the end this means I still need another card, guess that’s not the idea of Revolut at the end of the day and this small issues keeps me with my real/ old bank.

4 Likes

I have credit card from Bunq (which appears to basically be a debit card that is branded as a credit card), they call it Travel card. Also I have 10 € welcoming referral code for new users from them.

I have it too … but please Revolut if you ever make your own credit card dont do the same mistake like bunq did with such a cheap childish looking credit cards… no one will take that card on places like rent-a-car’s or hotels when they see that cheap looking card…

2 Likes

MasterCard should literally ban that credit card - it undermines what credit is and doesn’t come with the relevant protections that a credit card normally comes with due to the lack of a credit agreement

Agreed. Make it more professional looking. It’s like this weird glowing material and it looks like trash in the case of Bunq’s travel card

2 Likes

Tandem’s isn’t too bad. instant notifications, 0% over mastercard fx rates, and cashback… but no integration with aggregators though.

1 Like

Aqua Rewards isn’t bad for the same reason - just to be known they do everything by paper though… including chargebacks :slight_smile: you have to print out evidence and mail it to them

1 Like

such as?

20 characters

2 Likes

Section 75 in the UK where a credit card issuer is joint liable along with the merchant in the case of a default on a service or product between the value of £100 and £30,000

1 Like

there is something coming. Though, there is no additional information

7 Likes

So, zero relevance. Relative to everything else.

No, very relevant. If I book a plane on my credit card I can reclaim the money. If I buy a product and it’s £100+ and it doesn’t come, I can reclaim the money.

“Irrelevant” is perhaps the stupidest thing I’ve heard yet on this forum. Do you like having to go through chargebacks when airlines go bust (Where you’re unlikely to get any money back), or would you rather turn around and have your card issuer legally obligated to refund you?

3 Likes

I’m interested in an proper credit card, also i can’t apply for Bunq because i’m not In Uk so would be great that Revolut will do the Own CC open for the EU user, as they done with the Bank Account