Revolut Cards in Spain

Don’t rely on early tests with BIN checkers. The latest explanation for this seems to be that Revolut uses an implementation of what Mastercard calls “Account ranges”. After a universal 6 digits BIN, further digits define, in the case of Revolut, the country of a card.

Some, me included, assume that this is how Revolut will control availability of services like Apple Pay. They need to control this by country, cards gerenally issued in France won’t do the trick.

You should be able to add the Metal card to your iTunes account now (same country as your Revolut account).

Try http://binbase.com/search.html , this BIN checker shows you that the same BIN is used for different countries, and France is not the only country information for this 6 digits BIN.

1 Like

But of course, this is what @viguerapablo might have had in mind when he said that they are going to introduce localized Spanish cards once they’re going to issue Mastercards again.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s my case. Since my card doesn’t follow a 0 as it says here:

Mine doesn’t either. :wink:

It still gives you the list where all the first 6 digits are the same. The digits that define an account range can be 1 to 5 digits following the initial 6 digits for the BIN!

If it would be a French issued card, customers in Switzerland would not be able to use the card with their iTunes account. But they can. Apple accepts them as “local” cards. One Swiss customer tried a different country than Switzerland. Apple did not accept it. This is a strong indication for the “Account ranges” theory, I believe.

2 Likes

And I might add, that Binbase literally seems to confirms this:

IMPORTANT: This BIN is split into different account ranges. 106 records has been found in our extended database:
6 records in 7 digit BIN database
100 records in 8 digit BIN database
Below are 4 examples:

(Then the 4 examples posted earlier in this thread follow.)

Ok. So it seems that you and @Iskender are right.
Few weeks old mastercard worked to be enrolled in ITunes, Spotify and PlayStation Store - all Romanian accounts.

I‘m happy to hear that this is not limited to Metal cards but presumably to all Mastercards that were issued recently? Makes the cards way more useful. About two steps closer to becoming a full current account replacement outside of the UK for me.

I will try an ATM who I remember offered DCC last time I used it. Not 100% sure it was this card though…

New premium cards are also following the same scheme. Also verified by binbase.

4 Likes

No news, bad news.
We are still waiting…

Any news on if we can get a revolt card for us spanish residents!:sunglasses:

Spanish residents have been able to sign up to Revolut forever to my knowledge?

Indeed that was a weird question :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yes you can but you don’t get an account with Spanish Iban which means you can’t withdraw from Paypal and usually get asked Euros or Pounds

1 Like

You should contact PayPal support and mention that IBAN discrimination (not accepting ANY SEPA IBAN) is illegal under European directives which are enacted in national law of EU member states.

I think this would apply here anyways.

That must be something recent as PayPal allows me to transfer money from my account (based in Spain) to Revolut’s EUR account using my GB IBAN.

Has this happened yet? I need a Spanish IBAN number and I opened an account with you hoping to get one. I need it for my Spanish health insurance. They are telling me that the IBAN is still a British one…

I fear you won’t get a spanish IBAN from :r: … maybe IE or LT…

If you need a Spanish IBAN have a look at Openbank (or bnc10).

I would suggest Openbank or imaginbank