Revolut business account closure and withdrawal

Dear Revolut Community,
I am Ultimate benefical owner and second director of Hos - Home Office Solutions Limited company that has an account in Revolut business(the bank account was opened by other director of the company), I contacted (via email) with Revolut regarding the account closure and full withdrawal of the balance to my alternative bank account, but Revolut not answering. According to Ireland Companies Act 2014 Section Part 2 (Constitution of Companies), Part 4 (Share Capital and Members), and Part 5 (Shareholders’ Rights), I have a full right to claim the account close and withdrawal the remain balance to my other bank account.
Please help me to solve this situtation with Revolut and advise what I should do next?
Thank you in advance

2 Likes

Hello @Hos-Maxim :wave:,

Welcome to our community. Although we are sad to hear that you are leaving us, we can assist you here.

To ensure a smooth closure process, please ensure the following:

1. You must be the account owner
  2. Your account must be on a ‘Basic’ plan. If you’re on a paid plan, downgrade your plan on the Billing page
  3. Withdraw all funds from your accounts so your balance is 0. Click on your balance to see all currencies, as well as your Merchant balance
  4. Check you have no pending transactions
  5. Close any active chats

How to close your account

1. Go to settings by clicking on your account name on the top left corner
  2. Go to ‘Account & documents
  3. Scroll to the bottom and click ‘Close business account’
  • We kindly request you select a reason for closing your account to help us improve our services.
  • Your account will be closed instantly. In certain situations, we may not be able to close your account straight away

Hope this helps. :pray:

SG | Community Team

1 Like

Dear SG.Mandal,
I didn’t have access to the account because it was managed by my secondary director. We are 2 directors, I’m Director and 100% shareholder. I’m managing the rest of the company’s accounts, I already provided all proof to the Revolut team (company’s statement of Shareholders and directors), statements from the bank as well,
Account owner=company’s owner, according to the Ireland Companies Act 2014 Section Part 2 (Constitution of Companies), Part 4 (Share Capital and Members), and Part 5 (Shareholders’ Rights).
Please help me with the necessary information required from my side to pass the verification as the company’s owner so that we can resolve this issue.
Thank you

2 Likes

@Hos-Maxim , Thank you for explaining your situation. Kindly contact us by in-app chat so that they can help you further. :pray:

SG | Community Team

1 Like