Revolut and Thailand and 7/11 and...

@Tra
I was using both, Revolut and N26 in Thailand. Honestly I havent used it in 7/11 yet, because amounts spent there are always so low, that I dont remember to use it. As far as I know, you need to spend 400 THB or more to be able to use a card. I believe I used my own banks card one time with no problem.

Regarding transfering money to Thai bank account with Revolut, I have to say, that since Revolut switched from their Barclays bank to some other bank, there was a significant difference in money transfers to Thailand.
What I noticed is that before (eg. January 2017) when I sent money to thailand, I was charged zero from Revolut, and zero from intermediary banks (if any at all). When money arrived to Thai bank account (Bangkok Bank), Bangkok Bank charges for incoming wires (about 300 THB/transaction). Which is not that cheap.
I prefered using Citibank for this, as Citibank did not charge any fee, and money arrived to Thailand in full without any charges.
Since Revolut switched from Barclays to something else,…despite them claiming transfers are not subject to any fees, I guess this new bank uses different intermediaries, and when the money arrives to Thailand it is 350THB lighter + because they use different system, Citibank charges 100THB for incoming wire - Totaling 450 THB for transfer.
If you use Bangkok Bank instead, I believe you will be charged the 350 THB + 300 THB (BKK bank charge).
Not cheap at all.
I actually calculated, that since this happened, for amounts lower than about 1500 EUR it makes more sense to use service like Transferwise. However, amounts larger than that, might benefit from the fixed fees mentioned above.

This is my experience, and the above charges might be different when you try to send money. Basically each transaction is sort of an unknown gamble, because you never know how much money will arrive to Thailand with all the intermediary bank charges, but number should be more or less correct.

Try it yourself and post here what results you get !
Read more on transactions in Thailand here: Paying and ATMs in Thailand

Cheers

2 Likes