Revamping Our Revolut Community šŸš€

Hereā€™s more of an analysis than a proposal how to fix it. Two major ā€œproblemsā€ seem to be discovery of solutions and replying to old posts. Both are somewhat connected.

If thereā€™s a bug that affects many, or with general things like getting in touch with support without access to the app, there are thousands of posts in various threads explaining what one can do. Two things happen: new users do not spend enough time to read and discover the solution. Or they identify a thread, read a couple of super old posts and then reply, without realizing that the post is 5 years old and the person that helped before is no longer active in this community. They havenā€™t made it all the way through the thread to the end, yet their question is added at the bottom. This leads to comical situations of users trying to be helpful, responding with ā€œplease read the post right in front of yoursā€. Itā€™s frustrating for everyone involved. Threads literally become broken records, repeating the identical question with the identical answer endlessly.

Trust levels have that in mind, that new users should search posts first, and read. As a long time user of this community I think thatā€™s a good idea. But it gets in the way if all a new user wants is support in a potentially stressful situation. Only three ideas come to mind to improve this: marking individual posts as ā€œsolutionsā€ for a problem to increase discoverability. And actual support from Revolut staff. Maybe thereā€˜s a way to label former Revolut staff more clearly as inactive? Thanks for taking over that responsibility, @Mariana_Rodrigues. :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi @Frank :wave:

Thank you so much for your feedback on this. Really appreciate it, and we will look into ways on how to improve this :eyes:

Thank you for helping us shape our Community :heart:

1 Like

another factor not explored by @Frank is that Discourse - the underlying software for the community - is essentially discussion based (or has that expectation for users).
I also use a number of Q&A forums in All Sites - Stack Exchange where it is quite often the case that new questions are raised on a matter that has already been addressed with a range of answers to consider. If a question is duplicated, it is marked as such by high rep users and moderated to remove or prevent further posts against off-topic subjects within the terms of use.
I like that format to be honest. Whether it would suit everyone here is mute but it is often easier to find references to specific issues. People who leave the site often have their accounts anonymised which has the effect of retaining the old content but removing any original reference to any prior status. That said, there is no notification to alert someone to the fact a quoted post concerns a user who has now left the siteā€¦

3 Likes

@Mariana_Rodrigues Between 2018 and 2020, Revolut had support for local NOK account numbers. They were removed when the partnership with Danske Bank ended in 2020. Any plans on getting those back? Without support for local NOK account numbers, we canā€™t get our salaries into the app. Making it much less useful for us Norwegians. See the thread Local NOK account numbers

2 Likes

Hi, sorry to bump this topic after so long. Discourse (Iā€™m not a fan of it) decided just as I thought Iā€™d fulfilled the conditions for whatever the new-topic level is called, that my browser wasnā€™t new enough, so I went away to think about that.

I replied here because I still donā€™t have the option to start a new topic, although my stats seem to be good according to the FAQ on discourseā€™s website:

BTW I really think that the levels help ought to be in a pinned, emphasised, 72pt and flashing post here rather than on the discourse website, as I believe has already been suggested. It shouldnā€™t need a search elsewhere to discover how to become able to do something thatā€™s so fundamental on other forums.

I like the suggestion, also in this thread, of the stackexchange-like marking of topics as ā€˜already answeredā€™ etc, as long as the thread really is answered, and not just ā€˜contains some of the same keywordsā€™, and as long as the previous thread is linked in the annotation (no need for blinking in that case though :wink:

Well, as I say, Iā€™ve been away a while so Iā€™ll go see what changes thereā€™ve been since last year.

Cheers,
Tim

2 Likes

@TimMagee Hello :wave: and welcome to the :r: community. Weā€™re thrilled to have you here :sunflower:

Thank you for your message and feedback on Discourse. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced while trying to start a new topic. Please refer to this post for answers on starting a new topic. :hugs:

We appreciate your suggestion to have the levels help in a pinned post and also the idea of marking topics as ā€œalready answeredā€ is a great, and weā€™ll explore implementing it while ensuring that the previous thread is linked. :rocket:

If you have further questions or concerns, please donā€™t hesitate to reach out to us. Weā€™re here to help. :blush:

Veda | Community team

1 Like