Rev Rally 8 May 2019

EEA + UK → they forgot Switzerland again :expressionless:

About stocks, will we have the actions of buy/ sell or just exchange?

what do you mean with exchange?
you can buy and sell them.

Maybe he meant whether you actually own them or if you just hold them virtually for speculative purposes (no dividends, no W-8 BEN etc.)

I mean it will be like money exchange! Basically you buy cheap and you sell expensive.
Or you will “buy action” and when the price goes up you will have profit and when price drops you will have loss. Vise versa with “sell action”.

There is a sneak peak after 1:23:55.
This link will start with the right time: https://youtu.be/gyg-RrE2eQ8?t=5035

1 Like

Also, maybe this part suggests that Premium Visa cards are coming? I don’t think we had them before, but I wonder why this one is bi-colored, wasn’t it one of the older Premium colors?

I was already assuming Visa was dying at Revolut, but the fact that they’re adding it to Google Pay (soon™) gives me hope. All cards as proper debit cards, funds covered by a compensation scheme (Hello Lithuania :lithuania:) and all cards in Google Pay, then I’m mostly happy.

The Youth thing sounds quite good though, most challenger banks deliberately avoid this target group as there’s not a lot of money to be made I assume. Would be sweet if they could actually launch it soon.

3 Likes

And which color is new for metal cards?

You did not by any chance ask them about desktop browser support? :slightly_smiling_face::thinking:

No, you should have all given me a list of questions to ask!

I haven’t though about it in time. :woozy_face:

the most important question would be “do you even care about your own community?”
They should be able to see anything else in the threads here.

1 Like

The question of a Web App has been asked… And they said they want to but they don’t have enough developers to do it at this time… It was asked in connection with the stock trading functionality…

Yes, I remember that, but the question was very specific about trading and that chart analysis would be more comfortable on desktop monitors, which is of course a valid point.

I was more interested in a very barebone interface for simple tasks like Monzo’s emergency acces: See your account balance

See your account balance
See your list of accounts
See your transactions
Freeze and unfreeze your card

That would need drastically less development resources than stock trading which is like the most complex consumer online banking topic I can think of.

2 Likes

They do look at threads here now and again. This was confirmed to me. Although the frequency is not as often as we would expect.

You are right… But I hope that when they make a web interface, it will cover all the functionality of the phone app…

Well, for the time being I’d even appreciate a rather rudimentary web UI. Just to see balance, transactions and to issue statements (I hope that one day Revolut will make actually useful statement and not this current joke of a statement without IBAN for incoming transfers) and an emergency option to lock down the whole account in case your phone and cards get lost.

Honestly, I hope they won’t replicate all functionality for the web interface. It’s a pain already to keep parity between iOS and Android. When asking for full functionality, that would also increase future engineering demands for not yet released features.

I am personally totally fine with mobile first. That would still be a major improvement over the current mobile only approach. And if I had to choose between a Monzo style web interface within the next 9 months or so or a full fledged web version within 24, I am happily voting for the slim version.

1 Like

Was there any words/questions about adding 3D secure? Seems like TW already have it…

5 Likes

+1 and also did anyone ask about card scheme selection?

1 Like