Residing in Canada, but home country is UK. Covered?

Hey all,

I’m on a 2 year visa in Canada, The insurance policy looks good with Revolut so I have a few questions.

I’m already here, I am a UK Permanent Resident, I am in BC for 2 years, I have a UK bank account and a CA bank account.

I would like to get a revolut card for its obvious travel benefits, but also because I go skiing at random times. I don’t want to re-insure with a major provider every single time I decide to go. Its very expensive.

So:

1: Can I apply for a Revolut card from here? I can have it sent out by family.
2: Would I be covered each day I left my house, traveled a few hours and went skiing, assuming I activated the cover for that day? The “trip” in essence is just a single day, but because I live in CA, does that mean the trip has already started, and infact I will not be covered?
3: Does it even cover ski? :joy:

Thank you for your time! I hope I can get a Revolut card!

Simon. x

1 Like
  1. Maybe. As long as you still own the residency in UK
    2 no
    3 no
    Is a travel insurance NOT a local medical one. Is limited to 41 days per trip (that means, since you left the home country) as well as 183 days per year (or something) and does not cover countries or territories where you have a residency so you don’t travel for pleasure.
2 Likes

Just found out it does cover ski, You have to pay extra premium. so 1 and 3 are answered. Seems that point 2 might be stopping me from getting it though.

1 Like

Well… is a travel insurance for leisure trips.
As long as you stay longer somewhere won’t cover you.

For me it’s useless to. I backpack In Asia for months. Looking to get another one with all year coverage (saw for 160€). Even one like this won’t cover you because you’re temporary resident in Canada (unless you go to ski in USA or Iceland)

1 Like

Hi I am a french citizen living in Canada for 2 years.
I wonder if I can have a Revolut card. I only have a canadian mobile number so I candidated for the early access.
As I don’t have anymore my french number how can I open my account?

Next is a test sharing to @discobot

1 Like

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

1 Like

You have temporary residency in Canada or permanent?

If you’re still a resident of France you can easily apply using the Canadian number. I opened my account using a Filipino number.

1 Like

Hi Iskender!
Thanks for your reply.
I am a fench resident, temporary in Canada for 2 years.
I entered my canadian number dans now I am in the waiting list for early access. When I uninstall and re-install the app tells me Revolut is not yet available in Canada and leads me to the waiting list again.

Revolut is not available in Canada yet, but on the way sometimes in 2019.
But in France it is available. So, if you register with your french mobile number, french address and prove it with some french ID, it should work.

It should work with the Canadian number too. As long as you have a French ID. I opened mine using the Philippino number. Probably Canada is coming soon that’s why it tells you to wait :grimacing:

Contact @anon33247966

The address should be an EEA one.

Well he has an EEA address, as well as EEA ID/ Residency.

Just the phone number is Canadian for now

Hi!
At start the only information to enter is the phone number.
I don’t have any field where to send my french ID or address or whatever.
So I am stuck right from the beginning.
Did I miss something?

Anyway, I am on the waiting list for Canada… What a shame I have to wait instead of using my card during my trip in Europe in two weeks.

Hello i am french resident. Can anyone tell me if Revolut allows transfers in EUR to Mauritius bank account? Thank you

1 Like

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.