Reset passcode problem

Welcome to our community @Gaylen62 :wave:. I am sorry that you are unable to reset your passcode. :frowning_face: May I know have you tried the basic troubleshooting before following the passcode reset steps? :thinking:

SG | Community Team

To reset my passcode it requires my email or phone number both need updating on my account. So I can’t move forward with these details not updated.

ID verification does not respond in 10 mins as stated.

2 Likes

@Gaylen62 I am so sorry about this. :crying_cat_face: I will stay in touch with you via DM. :pray:

Veda | Community Team

Hi. When i get the sms passcode. Everytime i try to take selfie it says “oops sorry something went wrong”?

1 Like

@Allyourworth Hello, Welcome to the community. :heart_eyes:

Please let us know if this issue is resolved or not. :pray:

Veda | Community Team

Thanks. Forgot code. Try To reset it. Wont go to e-mail. It will go to my sms but i have to be very fast to type it in. If i do and take a selfie it says “ops something went wrong”. I cannot access the app either.
Thank you for help

2 Likes

@Allyourworth Kindly contact us through social media channels so that we can resolve this immediately. :pray:

Veda | Community Team

Hi
I am in a loop trying to reset my passcode nothing is working please help
I try sms and the sms number comes through and I input and just sits on that screen
email I try taking picture and the button will not take photo
THE BEST ONE IS TRYING TO GET A CALL BACK TO HELP HAS ANY ONE EVER FOUND THIS THERE IS NO DIRECT LINK TO THAT PAGE

1 Like

Welcome to our community @Chrisbduck. I am sorry to hear that you are unable to reset your passcode. :frowning_face: Can you please check the solution mentioned in this topic? Hope that helps. :pray:

SG | Community Team

Hi No this does not work and I really want to just speak to someone.
The issue is not accepting my passcode so trying to reset and it will not do this so I cannot login
I have tried
Make sure phone software is up to date Android
I have uninstalled and reinstalled Revolut
I goo to lo in on app
put in phone number
go to forgot passcode
try sms I get the 6 digit code and put it in it just sit there I have tried this a number of times
try email this does not come and is not in spam or junk
try login with email it goes to try to take photo I click allow app and the screen comes on to take photo but will not allow me to take

This is an appalling app I have never had this much issue with any app I really want this solved.

@Chrisbduck, I am sorry for that your issue has not been resolved yet. :crying_cat_face:

Can you please contact us through social media channels so that we can help you further? The link has been mentioned here. :arrow_backward:

SG | Community Team

This again is of no or little use there are so many ways of getting into a loop that is of no help at all.
I want a call back to help me, so I go to where you have directed me and I go to the help centre.
Follow these simple steps to request a callback:
Go to the Help Center → select the FAQ topic that you need help with.
f selecting an FAQ doesn’t resolve your query, tap ‘Request Call’.
THERE IS NO ‘Request Call’ anywhere

Simple send me a link to the request call back

1 Like

Callback is Revolut‘s premium support for Ultra subscribers. Like the support chat itself, it is initiated from within the app.

The „Forgot your passcode?“ flow will connect you to support when all other options to regain access fail.

1 Like

I have tried reinstalling the app yet again
I go on forgot passcode
email. the email does not turn up tried a number of time just does not turn up. not in spam not in junk
sms gets code through but goes through to take photo, I click allow app to use but it will not take photo button will not take
This is getting so frustrating. I am going to start posing all my experience on face book if I am not helped. Oh and by the way your face book link does not work either.

1 Like

Uh oh, I don’t see any bookmarks in this topic. Did you find the bookmark under each post? Use the show more to reveal additional actions if needed.

@Chrisbduck, I am sorry for the problem. :crying_cat_face: Can you please contact us by social media so that we can help you further?

Facebook: Facebook
X: https://twitter.com/RevolutApp/
Instagram: Revolut (@revolutapp) • Instagram photos and videos

Hope this helps. :pray:

SG | Community Team