Reporting fraud

Hi I have had cash taken out of my card from a different country. How do I go about reporting this and getting the money back ? I have tried customer support but cannot get through to anyone

Hey SS330. First. Block you card! Second you need to contact support. Have you used ā€œlive agentā€? If that didnā€™t work you can always try facebook or twitter as a last resort.

1 Like

Hi someone is still trying to use my card right now in India. I am not in India!

1 Like

Block and/or Terminate it immediately.

Thx I have blocked and cannot get a live agent

Ī—ey there. Really sorry to hear that. Did you manage to get in touch with him?

Managed to speak to a support person. Now have to wait the 7 days to see if it goes through or not and then can start refund process. Thanks

4 Likes

While i wait thought id share this thought .May be coincidence or not but my Barclays debit card was stopped for fraud on sunday, I was able to transfer 200 into revolut whilst on the phone with Barclays representative on monday and it was literally within 10 mins of the transfer that 110 was taken out of the revolut card in India. Had no issues with it before. I had read somewhere that the bank behind revolut was Barclays?. Once back in UK will report all this and see where it goes ā€¦

They use Lloyds Bank.

I know this should be a new topic but I am unable to start one so here goes:-

I recently noticed that small ammounts of money was being taken from my Santander current account on a regular basis over a period of several months. Each transaction appears on my statement as follows:-

• CARD PAYMENT TO REVOLUT4198,10.00 GBP, RATE 1.00/GBP ON 31-01-2019**

I queried this with my bank and their frad dept. advised me that it seems to them that I had used my santander debit card thus starting a legimimate ā€˜relationshipā€™ with Revolute and that I would have to open a dispute with them (Revolute).

I have no idea whose revolute account the payments have been going to and need to know how to report/trace the recipient of those funds. How can I go about achieving this as the live chat with an agent has percured nothing.

Any help would be much appreciated

It seems like someone who stole your Santander card details was using Revolutā€™s card top up or ā€œrev.meā€ feature for this fraud.

In cases of fraud, you always have to ask the card issuer to start the investigation / chargeback. Since this isnā€™t your Revolut account (you might not even be a Revolut customer), itā€™s Santanderā€™s obligation.

Santander is wrong and @Frank is right. It is always the card issuer who must handle any dispute. They cannot ask you to resolve it yourself with the merchant (in this case Revolut). Go back to Santander and insist on this. The onus is on Santander to prove that you, and not the fraudster, gave your card details to Revolut. Failing that, escalate the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

1 Like

Iā€™d have thought so as well but they are claiming that since the inital transaction was not fraudulent (and although I canā€™t remember ever allowing someone to top up their Revolut with my card, I canā€™t be 100% certain) It cannont be classed as fraud and therfore needs taking up with the merchant.
My query is not to discuss the rights and wrongs of Santanderā€™s responce (and I agree 100% with @Frank) but to find out how to progress this matter with Revolut, surly they have a way of tracing the payment to the end user and there should be no Data protection issue in letting me know who that is.

Sure they can track this technically. Under payment network provider contracts, they canā€™t just tell you who the recipient was. Your bank, Santander, is responsible to investigate.

Revolut canā€™t disclose the account owner for you. But they can cooperate with Santander to reveal the account holder to authorities if it was indeed fraud. Itā€™s like making a bank transfer to an IBAN and then finding out it was the wrong IBAN. The recipientā€™s bank will never tell you who the account holder is.

1 Like

The onus is on them to prove their claim. What evidence have they provided?

Until you persuade Santander that their response is wrong, and if necessary escalate it to the Financial Ombudsman Service, this will go nowhere.

Hey I canā€™t access my account I think someone is using it help me plz

Hi,/
I want to report a fraud, I made a transaction immediately realised itā€™s a fraud website, someone called me which seemed like a bit sketchy. I was in front of the laptop and the page reloaded. Later I can access my account in there. I have been trying to get in touch with you guys for like an hour ago. I have a screenshot of the transaction. I freezed the card, contacted you guys on Social Media, but to no avail.

Please help, time is of the essence and I canā€™t seem to reach anyone. Kindly hold the transaction

Hi, what happens when I choose to terminate my account due to a suspicious transaction identified by Revolut? Will the new account contain the money I had previously or do I lose my money?
The suspicious transaction was blocked by Revolut automatically and my account is now frozen. The transaction is indeed fraud ā€“ it was not done by me.

Hello
This is a really urgent matter.
Friend of mineā€™s profile was hacked.
He canā€™t access his profile anymore
Can someone please help with this?
Thank you
Andrea

No, because the people who mainly read and write here are just ordinary users like you. If itā€™s urgent and in-app chat is not working you can try to contact them via twitter or Facebook. Good luck! :r: has obviously left his forum and only change logos and approve messages here. Very frustratingā€¦ not sure if I should keep my (metal) subscriptionā€¦