Rejected for Merchant account because we're B2B...

Hey,

I find it very strange that a business product that offers merchant services to businesses, are rejecting opening merchant accounts for businesses providing services to other businesses.

Even more stranger, is that in the T&C’s and online published information, there is no mention of this limitation or restriction. Perhaps Revolut should be more open about the type of customers they will accept?

We’ll stick with PayPal and Stripe for now, we’ve used them for 12 years without issue, it’s a shame we can’t take advantage of the reduced price being offered.

1 Like

We are in the same position. No reasons given but I suspect that our industry (Accommodation provider in France) is on some sort of black list. Could that be it? We have had card facilities for 20+ years with no issues but as I want to move away from my hughstreet banks I was hoping to do it all via Revolut Business. Seems they just don’t want to know so I wonder why??? Seems very unfair that I trust them and they don’t trust us! Have now found a very good solution though… try Stripe. It is great.

@Huski Do you use Revolut Business to hold funds and Stripe to process card transactions?

Hi all,

I have the same problem. They rejected me (for the moment) from my merchant account business for no reason. They can’t give me the exact reason why…

Guys, do you have any advice or a way to take back my merchant account?

Thank you so much.

Cannot seem to apply for one. A real mystery.

Can anyone at Revolut explain and make the process more transparent?

This is a user community, you won’t get a response from Revolut on here. You can contact support via in-app chat.
I can’t remember how I did it exactly, I applied quite a while ago, but there should be a point called “Merchant” in the menu in both the app and via web access of your business account. From there, at least back when I signed up, it was just following the steps.