Refund Transactions on my Revolut account

Hello, I don’t understand why some transactions appear as « cancelled » on my Revolut USD account whereas I really paid this amount and it should logically appears as paid. Could you please explain me why this transaction are cancelled on m’y Revolut account ? I don’t want to have trouble because the transactions were cancelled whereas I really paid these amounts to the various merchants and at the time I paid these amounts were approved by Revolut. For example I paid my meal in a restaurant last week, everything went well, the amount appears on my Revolut USD account and today I notice that this amount is cancelled and I was refund of this amount. The only answer I got from the Revolut assistance was : « A pending transaction is a payment which has been authorised, but it’s still waiting for the merchant to accept or reverse it. The merchant has 7 days in which to do this, but it can take up to 30 days if it’s an e-commerce pre-authorisation, or a deposit payment such as a hotel booking or car rental. Following this 7-30 day period, the money will be sent back automatically if the merchant hasn’t taken any actions. We’re unable to release the funds before this time. A declined transaction could also appear as pending. Should this happen, the money will be returned to your available balance after 7 days. » but it is not satisfying. Thank you very much in advance for your help. Jeanne

Hey Jeeanne

This have been an issue for the last couple of days. Revolut is working with their payment provider to fix this. In the mean time don’t worry as the merchant will do a new transaction (delayed) at a later date.

So don’t worry the merchant will get their money.