Reference number for a transfer

Give them some time. People seem to expect immediate response from chats. While they accept longer response times with other ways of communication, like email.

Hi Frank, you already gave me all the explanations and I know exactly what I have done wrong. I informed the support and sent the proof of the transfer to their request. What worries me is that other users of this forum are waiting for the return of their money for weeks …I’m not in a hurry but I’m worried.

I contacted the support at 10:42 (in France), it is 12:50 I am patient …

14h42 still nobody…

Sorry, silly question: Rita forwarded you to a live agent, right?

Yes, and still nobody…

In fact I would just like to have the assurance that the refund on my French account is well under way and that I will not lose my money…

A small message to tell you that my transfer problem has been resolved by the support. The transfer has not been canceled and returned to my usual bank account but has been credited to my Revolut account despite my beginner errors … Thanks to the support and the community members for their help.

2 Likes

Hi, Did you finaly get your money back? I sent 3000 swiss francs 2 weeks ago and I think my bank did not give the reference number to the Revolut’s correspondant bank. The funds have been debited in my bank but no credit on Revolut. I’m getting nervous…

If you (or your bank) failed to provide the reference, send the support a receipt of the payment that shows the amount, sender’s name and outgoing account no. The money needs to be allocated manually to your account in this case. It won’t show up macically. :wink:

Hello, i did the almost the same, i did a wire transfer from my Suisse Bank to Revolut Account(Credit Suisse) and in the reference i put it correct but i add the name of my bank(i think is this the mistake), so already passed 5 working days and the money never arrived to my Revolut account.I contacted already the app support and they can’t find my transaction. what can i do? the money will be bounce back to my original account?Thank you

Hello I am Czech and want to transfer money from my local account (in CZK) to Revolut. Revolut app provides me with Czech account number and Czech bank code that I should use. This is quite understandable. For me this means a common local/national transfer and therefore it is very simple and straightforward.
However reference number is the third identifier required to be provided with the transfer order. I guess I understand why it is needed. My local Czech bank’s transfer order form does not contain any “Reference” field. So where shall I put the reference number? I could use the remark/note field, the “variabilni symbol” field or probably nothing else.
Frankly, I tried to use the note field, put in "Reference: " followed by the actual reference number. This way I successfully sent 1CZK :slightly_smiling_face: to Revolut. But I still do not know whether this way of composing the transfer order is correct or I was just lucky. I would appreciate if the help hint in the app was more specific and leading. I do not believe I am the only one who ran into this issue.
Thank you

I thought about it too and I think I found that in some chat on FB. Put the reference number to “message for reciever” field (zpráva pro příjemce)… I tried it before from FIO when I didn’t know it, so I putted that number to more places (message for reciever, variabile symbol etc), and it worked perfectly and fast. So I’m still not shure and this advice is not my own experience … :r: should better inform the users…