Receipts not saved online

Hey everyone!

I think I found a bug on the receipts. When I add one and uninstall/install the app, it’s not there anymore.

Are the receipts not saved on Revolut’s servers? This is a major flaw.

2 Likes

Hi @pepe2124.

Yes unfortunately, photos are stored only locally (on your device). The reason behind this is based on the app’s capacity. Saving the photos on the app, it would increased the app’s size. Also, uploading the photos on the app requires internet connection, something that it doesn’t need now.

1 Like

I experienced this twice. Really unfortunate and very frustrating. I accumulated soooo many receipts only to lose them all when I had to reinstall my device. Its a major major flaw imho. There are way and means to solve this. Revolut just need to want to implement them. So may other apps, can save data, locally, cloud or app based. There are options. One conceivable option would be to save a copy of the photo to an photo library album on the device (which in turn can be saved in the users cloud services) - many photo apps do this - and avoids the app itself becoming very large.

Bottom line is, its a major flaw to offer to capture financial receipts but not offer the user to save them. I lost so many receipts its really really frustrating! imho its even unacceptable, there is no warming that this data is not safe, or that its best to import from photo album rather than capture from camera.

Major major lack of information and big loss of data. Some receipts can be very important to a user.

Revolut, I beg you, please dont overlook this like a gimmick, its an important feature of your app and your users deserve the right to have their data kept.

2 Likes