Question regarding overseas medical insurance!

Hi there

apologies if this is in the wrong place or if it’s a totally daft question but I hope someone can help shed some light as I am not very insurance stuff savvy. I’ve also been in line for their support chat for 3 hours…

I’m travelling to work in Canada next month for at least 5 months (small chance could be up to a year). As part of my work permit they require that I have health insurance that covers (in their words): medical care, hospitalisation and repatriation.

Can someone please tell me…if I decide to go Premium , would the overseas medical insurance cover my bases? and if so, am i liable to pay more than the £6.99/month or £72 annual?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

No, I don’t think so. It’s a traveller’s insurance, not a work visa insurance. This is true for most insurances I am aware of. Insurances have different tariffs for Expats than for travelers.

Check the terms:

https://revolut.com/premium-terms

Overseas Medical Insurance

3.3 For any 12 month period, you will be covered for a maximum of 183 days, with no trip lasting longer than 20 days.

Hi Frank thanks for getting back to me so quick. I should have been more clear in that traveller’s insurance would work just fine but I clearly missed 3.3 when I was reading through that document the first time! thanks for pointing it out. Obviously then it would not work for me :slight_smile: cheers

You’re welcome. :slight_smile:

Hi there

Could somebody explain what’s means exactly "3.3 For any 12 month period, you will be covered for a maximum of 183 days, with no trip lasting longer than 20 days."
It is not clear to me. Could you give an example?

Thank you!!