problem with BIC code

Funny that the support still says that it is my bank’s fault and not theirs. Offering no solution.

So what to do in this case?

• Wait - money will be automatically transferred back to your account? How long?
  • Cancel transaction and pay a fee? Any refund from Revolut?

I’m in the same boat. No word on when the money will be returned.

this is ridiculous … if the wrong BIC belongd to Revolut, they should at least be able to speed up the bounce back

1 Like

I am in the very same situation like @zapata!

In my last SEPA transfer to revolut, my bank automatically inserted the wrong BIC. Previous transfers were automatically added with the correct one!

Now it has been 8 days and I still haven’t seen my money, neither the transfer was bounced back!!! Revolut support is useless and says that they can’t see the transfer… While my bank says the transfer went through!

I urgently need my money back!!!

Still waiting! No bounce back yet. Getting rather worried at this point - was quite a significant sum!

Same here, waiting for 1300 EUR

Same here, waiting and not getting reasonable answer…

How do you know the typo has been resolved? This happened to me yesterday.

It is resolved for me. Revolut support said it was fixed last week (Tuesday). It works since then for me. Some banks, especially smaller ones, might update their data later in February.

Well, I just made a payment yesterday and the same issue is back again. Besides that, I don’t think Deutsche bank is considered a small bank in any regard. I sincerely do hope that they fix this shit. I already shared my experience here => Problem with BIC code (Second time)

I am still getting the same issue with Cyprus Bank. It only accepts the 2L for BIC.

Revolut this is the kind of problems that will drive your customer crazy. I want to be able to receive money from my customer in a convenient way and not having to spend days tracking what happened.

How can I then convince my customer to join your platform after this experience.

You blame the wrong company. I think it should be wize to say goodbye to that Cyprus bank.

I said goodbye to HSBC bank and now i am banking with Revolut.

My client is banking with Cyprus Bank and unfortunately I cannot say goodbye to my clients.

And after this problem convincing them to switch to revolut is hard.

Well, it is still their bank who messed up and not Revolut (leaving aside that it was Revolut who changed their BIC, but then banks should be prepared for that).

Can someone comment this from @revolut , please?
As you can see on Swift’s website, there are two BIC codes associated to Revolut.

You should use the one being displayed within the application.

Thanks Captain Obvious, but my bank (Bank Millenium, Poland) automatically overwrites the BIC to REVOGB2L. Upon contacting them, they answer me that this (REVOGB2L) is coming from SWIFT’s database which is true. I believe @revolut should contact SWIFT to get this fix asap.

It‘s not as easy as you think it might be. Banks use different vendors that deliver the result of an IBAN look-up. Whenever you put an IBAN in, they look up the corresponding BIC. A hickup in how Revolut registered the BICs did cause problems for a while, but everything Revolut can do is done. The error is corrected. You need to wait until the changes propagated throughout the payment processors and central banks and service providers. Checking Swift’s database is no indication for what a vendor might deliver here. It just states that BICs are valid. Banks can have many BICs. That does not mean IBANs are “linked” to all of them.

No need to become snarky when people try to help. But I am sure you will find all the answers yourself.