Problem In Transferring The Money From Paypal To Revolut

Hi All. New here and help needed very badly. I have a Paypal account in France in which I have USD money waiting to be transferred. I have opened a Revolut account and have linked it to my Paypal account but when I try to move money to it Paypal insists in converting it to Euros with a large fee! I rang them and they said because its a French account it needs to be in Euros but I have a friend who has a Paypal UK account and can move her money in USD with no problem. Is there a way round this please? Going crazy here trying to sort it out. Also Paypal France wont let me add the Revolut card to the Paypal account as it says that some cards dont receive payments which I know is a lie. Any thoughts on this one as well please? Thanks

1 Like

You could try Wise, but otherwise yeah it’s a PayPal issue they prevent from happening.

2 Likes

Thank you for helping out @Carl_1460. :hugs: I hope your concern got clarified @hemum. :pray:

SG | Community Team

Hi,

I think that Paypal is not supporting card refunds for money transfers, only bank account transfers is supported. This experience is in Finland.

1 Like

They do in various countries, but not everywhere. It used to be very limited, but is now more widely available in Europe.

2 Likes

Okay, thanks for this information! Maybe it will be available in Finland’s customers also soon :wink:

1 Like

Does anyone know if you can quickly top up Revolut from Paypal funds in Ireland. It would be the same currency.
The Revolut app doesn’t have a Paypal option in top up sources.
I’ve added my revolut account and card to my paypal but I’d rather use the Top up rather than Transfer to get the money into Revolut instantly.
Thanks

1 Like

It’s unlikely that Revolut is going to offer PayPal topups directly. PayPal is one of the most expensive payment solution for merchants. If Revolut would offer it, you would probably see additional fees somewhere around 2 to 3 % on top of your transfer.

You can check PayPal’s website for your region and see if they allow to withdraw money to card numbers. PayPal does charge extra for this, but the transfer would be instant.

2 Likes

Welcome to our community @fearob :wave:. Hope you got your answer. :pray:

Thank you for the help @Frank. :hugs:

SG | Community Team

Hello, did you get the answer you were looking for?
I live in the UK, I have euros on Paypal (UK) which I want to transfer to my Revolut account (UK) in euros (so euros to euros, no conversion) but Paypal only lets me transfer in Pounds so with a conversion fee. I can’t see any option to change the currency. How annoying. How can I do it?

1 Like

What might work, maybe with the help of Paypal’s support: add a card or change an already linked card to be EUR. Then transfer funds to the card. This method seemed to have worked for other people in the past.

3 Likes

Welcome to our community @CaroChabri :wave:. I can understand your feeling. You can try Frank’s method to resolve your concern. :pray:

Thank you for the work around @Frank. :star:

SG | Community Team

Hi Yes I can do this but they charge a massive fee. If its transferred in USD, no fee. Thank you.

1 Like

Thanks. Wise arent doing it at the moment so have to keep fighting with Paypal.

1 Like

Thanks but no still trying to solve it.

1 Like

No I am still trying to solve the problem. Wise is out and Revlout may be possible, am trying to get to the bottom of that one. Someone yesterday mentioned a Curve card so I am investigating that. Good luck

1 Like

If its being transferred to any bank outside the USA they insist on transferring the funds in the country that the bank account is and then charge a massive fee.

1 Like

Correct. You can do the math and see what’s cheaper. A bank transfer with Paypal’s bad rate or a transfer via card that avoids the bad FX rate but comes with a fee for the card transfer itself.

Depending on your region, there might be other options like Paypal’s debit cards that also can be used to spend a balance. But I have no idea if that would work with Revolut’s top up feature.

1 Like