Premium - Trading and declaring gains for tax purposes

Hi I just discovered Trading in Revolut (Premium).

I acknowledge that I am the only one responsible for declaring my trading gains appropriately to my tax authorities.

My question is: what level of information will Revolut provide me with, at the end of the year, regarding my trading gains / losses /fees?

Usually banks in France provide an IFU (Imprimé Fiscal Unique) which details the gains to declare and where to put this info on the revenue declaration form.

Will Revolut provide me with something similar to an IFU at the end of the year?

7 Likes

Hi, any idea? How do I know at the end of the year, how much money I made and need to declare for tax purposes?

1 Like

Following this topic, was wondering the same thing, I’m based in Italy.

1 Like

There’s a report option in the app but currently it doesn’t work for me. You can also see all of your transaction in your account (in the traiding account).
It would be great if Revolut could be able to implement a professional statement option that you can download.
In the meantime, I’m having an Excel sheet where I pulled together all of the data :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If by any chance we would not be able to get a direct statement at least I hope we would be able to get a third party access and make us a statement that would be taken seriously

I was currently wanting to make a topic about this and was lucky to find this post, while I was doing my research about the taxes in my country Romania I got to find that every broker is supposed to send you a statement at the end of the year with the amounts you deposited, the amount of profit and loss, based on the amount of profit I make I will pay 10% a year, I tried to find out with customer support if I will get a statement that will prove my profit/loss and deposit, up so far I was not able to get a response, which is okay as I don’t need it yet but I would definitely like a response as no one would like to write a big excel sheet and not be taken serious by law

2 Likes

There’s a monthly statement in your trader account where you can save it in pdf and shows the standard information ) that you can use to get the data. I alsu use an Exce to track it and check the transactions tab. It would be great to have more details an optuons for export the data, probably this function will be better later.

There is the confirmation of the trade that shows the trades made on a specific date but I never got to see a monthly statement, at least I’ve been trading for 2 months almost and I didn’t receive that, as well if you have many trades it will take a long time to evaluate everything

2 Likes

Can revolut issue an end of year statement with total gains and looses for the entire portfolio for tax declaration purposes? You need to be an accountant to declare to tax authorities with current statement. My tax authoritiy ask translation of the statements and sometimes they are 10-15 pages.

I only need:year, gains and losses. Simple on 1 page!

5 Likes

Is anyone else missing October Trading Statement ?

Is there any news on this front? Looking forward to getting a “simple” year statement

1 Like

I have asked again and i have been told firstly that revolut trading cannot give me any info because brexit and after insisting that i am asking for a statement before brexit they told me there is no such a thing as yearly statement.

Hello,

I’ve had similar problem for declaring my gain/loss for 2020.
I contacted Revolut and they are not able to provide such a simple document.
So, I downloaded all my monthly statements and wrote a python script to go through all the transactions and compute the gain/loss.

I’m sharing this script so that it can help others. Note that: It’s not a tax advice.

• You should download all the statements (pdf files) and put them in a folder
  • Rename the statement as YYMM (for example 2004, for april 2020), so that they can be sorted automatically
  • Download the script in a script.py file next to the statements
  • run the script: python script.py

You will get the total gain or loss !

The gain / loss is calculated by averaging the price of actions bought and calculating the different of price of actions sold.

Here is the script:

Feedback is welcome !

2 Likes

I did not have the time to try this, but my problem is that I moved away from Revolut Trading (because of the fee hike) and moved to Trading 212. So I bought and sold similar shares on the 2 platforms, in order to calculate the accurate weighted average of the stock price, I must combine all my transaction data from the 2 platforms.

Long story short, I keep a manual excel file of all my trades … low tech and time consuming, but gives me what I want, one single pane of glass.

By the way I just published a post to explain how to declare your Revolut Trading gains, if you live in France.

1 Like

@sbaio Disclaimer: I AM VERY IGNORANT on python (among other things). I did run the script but I can’t find where I should get the outcome, print. Should your script give the results in the CMD window, the CMD windows closes right after the last file name
Again, I did do some research on the internet before posting this :slight_smile: I am still ignorant after googling :wink:

thanks again

Ciao, scrivo qui perchè non riesco ad aprire un nuovo argomento ma mi sembra similare a questo.

Per la dichiarazione dei redditi italiana viene richiesto il saldo iniziale (1-1-2021)
e finale (31-12-2021) di ogni conto (usd, btc, eth, xau, xag) espresso in euro.
Revolut fornisce gli estratti nelle valute dei rispettivi conti ma senza il valore in euro ne il tasso di cambio per calcolarlo.
Ho chiesto più volte nella chat ma senza risultato.
Qualcuno di voi può dirmi come avete fatto per risolvere questa questione?
Grazie e saluti